Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
That certainly looks good - however it also looks quite bulky. Can you get it into your jeans pockets easily when you're out and about?

I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------

This pouch looks very interesting, from Bodyguardz:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-ca...pple-iphone-5-covers-shields-skins-films.html

It is 100% leather, has 2 slots for credit cards/cash, has small holes at the bottom for the speakers and seems very lightweight and minimalistic and also comes with a set of skins for the iPhone 5.

Might have to give this one a go...!!!

Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

----------

I just found this cool looking case! It looks like some kind of LotR design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuonVkYr4e8

I like it.

Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
T8 Wallet Case

I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.

remotesnap000112.jpg

It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

t8case.jpg

Last edited:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------

Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

----------

Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me

Yeah, I know its pretty big but women like it - maybe? :)

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.

He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.

YouTube: video

He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol

I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.

ddd13

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-old-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!

Last edited:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.

It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

Really nice! Step for my pocket though.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-old-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!

I have the burgundy mono, very nice. Also have the iconic edge slim tan. The mono is about .5" wider/taller and thicker, but the leather is thicker and the phone fits in nicer and is better protected. Tried the headphones in the front, they do fit a bit fiddly to get in, but it is more for cash/cards etc. My iconic came with faulty stitching, the mono is perfect. they made me a mini case the same colour. Both took 2 weeks to Australia same as iconic. Considering they are the same price the mono is nicer leather better stitching more to it. The iconic is thin leather with a micro fibre lining inside

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.

Nice! Thanks for that man. Gonna try and pick one up for myself when my paycheck is here!

Veriac

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Received my Natural Horween genuine shell Cordovan sleeve from Makr.

GAQz2.jpg

Last edited:

3eastie

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Makr Question

Veriac,
Thoughts on the makr? Worth the extra money for the cordovan over the regular leather? How is it fit wise in pocket, using with phone, getting out etc..I can't decide on this and if cordovan is worth the premium price..THANKS?? Also could you maybe post a pic of sleeve with phone in it etc.

Last edited:

bluesboy77

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2007
Idaho
Thanks for the pics, I was wavering between the Sena UltraSlim and the Pall, after seeing your pics, I ordered the Pall.

I've been using a Sena UltraSlim case for a few weeks now and it's great - very slim and keeps the weight and size to a minimum.

The Atelier Pall is noticeably larger, I'll see how it is when I take it with me to work tomorrow.

Here are some pictures as you have requested.

and here you can see the extra "wallet" thing
edit: so upon research, it looks like it's this - http://www.atelierpall.com/products/minimal-leather-wallet-tan-brown-duotone.html
they included it in my box with the case for some reason!

Gstott

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth

The Flying Kite

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth

I had the same problem as you but with my Grovemade case, which is slightly bigger. Somebody suggested contacting Etsy shops to see if they could make a custom case, and I ended up getting a custom version of this: http://etsy.me/ZFJZ0V
Grams28 was very helpful, and stated that any of his items could be custom made, so its not just limited to this specific case. I ordered it on December 20, 2012, and since it ships from Hong Kong, I'll likely get it today or tomorrow. There are a lot of other shops that will make custom cases for you though, such as Adimaa. If you search for "Leather iPhone 5 Wallet, I'm sure you'll find a case you'll like, and then you can just contact the seller to see if they also make custom cases.
Good luck. :)

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Hi,

Thanks,
Gareth

I bought their wallet duo case and the fit is perfect for a naked iPhone 5. I have a Ringke Slim, which is about as thin as a case one can get I think, and it won't fit.

I think their sizing is really good, so if they recommend a different size, I would go with their recommendation.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Just purchased this. I'll be sure to check back in and let everyone know how it is. 30-day money back guarantee so doesn't hurt to try I suppose. It's a little pricey ($60), but the craftsmanship is said to be excellent.

If you decide to buy, feel free to use this link to get 10% for both you and myself. http://curebit.com/x/4DQkl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.