Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckfan2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
As a rip noob, I somewhat understand the process for ripping bluray discs for ATV3 play. Question is how do I handle the 'movie extras'? Are they set-up as chapters at the end of the movie? Am I ripping the movie incorrectly in the first place?

A work-flow would be appreciated!

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
You could make them chapters at the end of the movie but that will be a fair amount of work.

You could just rip the extras you think you would want to watch more than once and make them their own self-contained video files. For example, store your movies in "movies" and store your extras as "TV Shows" making each extra you want to store an "episode".

You could rip 'em and then splice them all together and render one video of extras with each set off as a chapter. Then, you could have 2 lines for each movie in "movies": <Movie title>, <Movie title> Extras

Apple has an iTunes Extras functionality available http://www.apple.com/itunes/lp-and-extras/ but there hasn't been much in good "for dummies" authoring tools, nor have the Studios shown much interest in it for rentals/purchases (except for a small number of titles).

Dan DRC

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
If it is an extra feature that I think is really good. I would do as they suggested above. I list them under the documentary category in the movie list. I usually use the original poster art for the main feature movie and the DVD or Bluray cover for the extra features that I decide to keep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.