Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
the charger and the USB cable that came with iphone 5 is glossy. It's so difficult to remove the cable from the charger. They couldn't add a grip or a little bump so it'll be easier to remove them?

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
I haven't had too many issues with this. You could always glue some type of material to it to create a better grip.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
They do seem to have a tighter fit than the previous types. I just wiggle the USB a little while pulling on the connector (NOT the cord) and it works loose. It helps to unplug it from the wall first.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
They do seem to have a tighter fit than the previous types. I just wiggle the USB a little while pulling on the connector (NOT the cord) and it works loose. It helps to unplug it from the wall first.

Agree.

Mine actually pulls off showing the "inside" of the USB portion. I need to get some super glue and glue it.

That said, the one from the iPad 4 I got the family for X-Mas doesn't do that.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
They couldn't add a grip or a little bump so it'll be easier to remove them?
What could be done and what makes sense on a mass produced product are two entirely different things. They're not going to add grips for one person with this problem. Stick some grip tape on it. Or wash your hands.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Ridiculous response, one that has been hammered to death, along with that "-gate"thing. :rolleyes:

How is it ridiculous? The guy is complaining about having to remove the cable from wall charger cause its slippery. Come on now of all things really?!?!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Okay; that's fair. Since the launch of the iPhone 5, I've seen the "first world problem" meme, along with "-gate" a few hundred times in these forums. Sorry for snapping this time. :eek:

I have a wall charger with a lightning cable that will not disconnect, short of damaging the items. Several people have tried and all have failed. I had to buy another set in order to relocate a plug-in location. I get this guy's aggravation; I just didn't start a thread about it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.