Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
I know all about RedRay.
It isn't even available yet therefore cannot be included in this discussion.

We're discussing a new TV which isn't even available. :eek: Both it and RedRay should be available around the same time; 4K content is available and accumulating.

The same arguments were had re: HDTV and BluRay, both appeared about the same time, sufficient content soon followed, and now they're the norm.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
The funniest part here is the suggestion that Samsung makes good TVs. In fact they do not.

Their planned obsolescence is short, the quality is not there, and really the screens aren't that great.

Makes me happy because I'll never buy any of their garbage that carries a Samsung logo.

Renzatic

Suspended
The funniest part here is the suggestion that Samsung makes good TVs. In fact they do not.

Oh, really now? All this time I thought their high end TVs are fairly well regarded.

Their planned obsolescence is short, the quality is not there, and really the screens aren't that great.

How do you plan obsolescence in a TV? As long as it turns on and you can hook things up to it, it'll basically last as long as the LED backlights keep burning.

This is one thing I can't stand about some certain overly enthusiastic tech people. I'm sure some of you had nothing but great things to say about Samsung and their products up until the point they became competitors with Apple. Now they're "garbage". It's like in your mind you're only allowed to like one company. Anything else has to fall short otherwise you feel like you're not doing your due for the good of the company.

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
This is one thing I can't stand about some certain overly enthusiastic tech people. I'm sure some of you had nothing but great things to say about Samsung and their products up until the point they became competitors with Apple. Now they're "garbage". It's like in your mind you're only allowed to like one company. Anything else has to fall short otherwise you feel like you're not doing your due for the good of the company.

They might stop receiving hot pockets

----------

[/COLOR]

may I remind you of the obvious.

Apple pay samsung to have the hardware inside their design.
Samsung don't pay Apple royalties to use Apple design for their hardware.

got it? I hope so. There is no simpler way to put it.

----------

What does that have to do with anything I wrote? Maybe you should let the person I responded to reply instead?

louis.b

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2012
Sydney
So you hate it because they copy but when they don't you still hate them and want to encourage them to copy?

Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

Do you hate the parts inside your iPhone that are made by Samsung. Oh what a quandary!

This gets a bit old. Can you tell me what part of my iphone5 is made by Samsung. I can think of the processor, but it's designed by Apple and Samsung's only contracted to manufacture it. The screen, which is of utmost importance to me, is made by LG. The camera is from Sony. The design of the hardware is obviously made by Apple itself. SO please enlighten me on what part of my iphne5 is made by Samsung.

And I hate Samsung too.

john-d

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
+4 paths in the original file:
3bqsW.jpg

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
We're discussing a new TV which isn't even available. :eek: Both it and RedRay should be available around the same time; 4K content is available and accumulating.

The same arguments were had re: HDTV and BluRay, both appeared about the same time, sufficient content soon followed, and now they're the norm.

Difference being there was a federally mandated broadcast standard for HDTV. No such standard exist for 4k and until that happens it will be a niche product even with RedRay/ect.

Jprice02

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2006
Picture in Picture

The Still ad looks like a picture within a picture. Could there be some kind of new PIP function? Just throwing it out there

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
The new shape makes a lot of sense...

Finally a TV that takes into account how lazy we are. You can watch it laying on your side.:)

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007

Makes me happy because I'll never buy any of their garbage that carries a Samsung logo.

They make very good tvs, especially Plasma. I think you have Apple blindness. It's very common on here.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada

What brand do you buy?

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Well, it looks like Samsung's new TV did not really live up to the hype.
If 3D did not make it due to the 3D goggles, do they really think wearing goggles and headphones to watch two different channels at the same time will take off? It also would require cable or satellite boxes to support this.
Given that there are countless different providers in different countries this is not likely to happen in the near future.
There is a good reason Apple's TV is not out yet, and there is a chance it never will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.