Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I am using...

• Chrome

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Firefox

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Safari

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

robvas

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
USA
For best battery life and making the most of your small screen (especially you 11" users)?

Safari? The old standby, FireFox? Or Chrome?

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Chrome for browsing, and Safari occasionally. I also have Firefox and Internet Explorer, but that's just testing websites. :)

AmtrakRider

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
I used to be a die hard Opera user, but Chrome runs so much better on my MBA, and well every other machine I have I'm finally starting to accept that I needed to switch.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Do any browsers have vertical toolbars? That would make more sense on screen like that.

Come to think of it, a good laptop should have square screens. I think an Air Square would totally sell.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Chrome mostly... I'd love Safari features so I use it sometimes. I just love Chrome because of the Web Tools. :D

Also, Internet Explorer on OS X? :confused:

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I was a Chrome guy on Linux and Windows and I figured I would be as well on OS X but surprisingly I've found Safari very enjoyable and it hasn't given me any problems so I use it. I found the same extensions on Safari that I like to use on Chrome so that isn't a problem. The integration is also really nice and I love how much smoother everything is (the transitions from swiping back and forth, zooming, scrolling). I don't notice any speed differences either.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
So what's the consensus on better battery life? I think Safari was better if you don't use any flash right? But honestly in this day and age, even with all the naysayers against flash and how inefficient it is and how it will lose momentum, I can't imagine doing any sort of normal web browsing without accessing flash content.

So if you use flash, then which browser gives better battery life?

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I used to be a die hard Opera user, but Chrome runs so much better on my MBA, and well every other machine I have I'm finally starting to accept that I needed to switch.
I too ran Opera for years. Once Chrome began to offer some very beneficial extensions I migrated to it. However recently Opera's been revved again & the latest is quite nice. Now I'm using them both & the benefit is excellent.

Purr

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Chrome. I think safari is really snappy, but I just like the way tabs and etc. look on Chrome. I do wish the touchpad zoom feature was available on chrome though.

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Safari works great for me. Besides, flash in Chrome makes my MBA heat up more, it actually even triggers the fan sometimes.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Safari is probably the least featured but the gestures are so insanely smooth so that's what I use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.