Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

[DL]

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
Louisiana
I expected some "lolwut u watch my litle ponee???? dat shows is 4 girlz" posts in here but I'm surprised that there have not been many and actually some people simply saying "no".

I'm fourteen years old and I watch the show. Why? It's a good show. Sure, since its target demographic is little kids there are cringe-inducing moments, but underneath that "girly" shell there's something genuinely entertaining. The show's fanbase is evidence of this.

Of course, it's perfectly reasonable (and normal) to automatically assume that the show is only for girls and is girly and etc., considering that (a) the show features a main cast of female multi-colored ponies, and (b) the brand My Little Pony has always been associated with dolls for little girls. While there are episodes about "dresses" and stuff like that, this show is almost nothing like the previous My Little Pony shows, in case you think so. The show's creator Lauren Faust has worked on shows like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and The Powerpuff Girls, and it shows.

Of course, everybody has a right to their opinion, so if you watched the show and don't like it, fine, that's just you not liking it. Sadly, a lot of bronies ridicule people that don't like it. I'm not one of them.

Eh. I'm 30 and just watched "Tangled"' a few days ago. I think if something is produced well and genuinely entertaining, one shouldn't rule it out.

I agree.

The bronies are invading MR.......:eek:

Judging from the lack of "yes I do" in this thread, I really don't think so...

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Um...20 years old..."My Little Pony"!!??:eek:

Maybe it's time to move up to "Teletubbies". :rolleyes:

Can I suggest that you get out a little more. There's a whole world of grown up stuff out there:D.

this reminds my of Holden Caulfield in Catcher in the Rye.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
OP : you should be killing goons and monsters on a gaming console instead of watching my little pony.

You're going to wind up with a warped mind when you're 35.

No offense mind you. :)

Daffodil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
In a sunny state of mind
OP : you should be killing goons and monsters on a gaming console instead of watching my little pony.

You're going to wind up with a warped mind when you're 35.

No offense mind you. :)

Hahaha, you know it's comment with potential to offend as soon as someone starts saying, "No offense, but..." :D

Not saying, I don't agree with you, though... ;)

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I watched a couple episodes when I was home sick with the flu and in need of some comfort viewing (I'm 33). I thought it was a sweet show with a positive message, and I wouldn't have a problem watching it with my four-year-old if she should ever get off her current addiction to Curious George.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I'm 20.

But, it's a good cartoon.

Agreed. I'm 20 as well and I enjoy watching MLP. The writing is excellent, a lot of cartoons now have pathetic writing. I'm a 20 year old female and I honestly don't see anything wrong with adults watching cartoons.

Last edited:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
People tend to watch cartoons they grew up on. So i'm guessing the OP grew up watching MLP. I grew up watching Bugs Bunny and The Jetsons.
Never have watched MLP et.al.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
No offense, but My Little Pony is not a cartoon that comes to mind when talking about 1990's cartoons. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Looney Toons, Doug, etc. Those are cartoons that I remember from the 1990's. :D

I assume you mean Tiny Toons, not Looney Toons, right? Looney Tunes started in 1933. ;)

Your memory is failing. Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, and Animaniacs were great!

PatB was rather meh to me. Freakazoid was on the WBSS' downslide, mainly due to KidsWB coming up, plus talk show hell was still going on, but Animaniacs ruled. Speaking of, I hope everyone caught the 8-hour marathon of Animaniacs on the Hub as well.. Also they back in daily rotation on the Hub as well.

Flameel!

BL.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
No, not trying to post a meme to rile up anyone here (so, hence, no pictures), but I am wondering if anyone here watches the show?

At any rate, there's going to be a new episode tomorrow, concerning Applebloom, on the Hub.

I've got two daughters and we watch that show all the time. I'm fully up to speed on the elements of harmony et al. I'm thinking Applebloom will finally get her "cutie mark". :)

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Rocko's Modern Life.

The Pioneer of see how much we can get past the censors. :p

Love that show! I watch it now as an adult, when I understand the jokes, and can't believe some of that stuff made it on Nickelodeon!

They're finally releasing the entire series on DVD. It comes out next month I believe. Already pre-ordered a copy from Amazon.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Nope. Two of my (male) friends watch it religiously and are constantly trying to get me to watch it but it's not going to happen. I like cartoons as much as the next guy but a show with a demographic for little girls isn't something I'm going to find myself watching, no matter how good the writing is. Ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.