Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andypwill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
i have all my pictures stored in iPhoto and my music stored in itunes on my mac.ive just purchased an iPad and tried to set up iCloud I've set up photo stream and it seems my pictures are taking up space on my iPad which defeats the object of iCloud. also my music is being downloaded to my ipad and taking up space.the only thing that seems to be in the cloud are my bookmarks.what is the saying about iCloud 'IT JUST WORKS' can someone please help what am i doing wrong.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
i have all my pictures stored in iPhoto and my music stored in itunes on my mac.ive just purchased an iPad and tried to set up iCloud I've set up photo stream and it seems my pictures are taking up space on my iPad which defeats the object of iCloud. also my music is being downloaded to my ipad and taking up space.the only thing that seems to be in the cloud are my bookmarks.what is the saying about iCloud 'IT JUST WORKS' can someone please help what am i doing wrong.

What you are missing is if your stuff was only in the cloud, you would have no access to it without wifi/4g. Tough listening to music on an airplane if it was only on iCloud.

andypwill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
thanks for the reply whsbuss if that is the case and everything in the cloud takes up space on my device then what is the point of iCloud i might as well just download everything to my iPad and not use iCloud. thanks again mate.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
thanks for the reply whsbuss if that is the case and everything in the cloud takes up space on my device then what is the point of iCloud i might as well just download everything to my iPad and not use iCloud. thanks again mate.

True, but the main advantage for the Cloud is to sync all data across all of your devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.