Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Same here, but for me it usually isnt by choice its according my my contract. I've always been pretty lucky since the 4S was flawless compared to the 4 and hopefully the 5S fixes whatever paint issues the 5 had

Mine is due to the contract as well. I never got the first iPhone as the edge network was a bummer. So then I got the iPhone 3GS and now the 4S, next will be 5S.

stepshows

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
Same here, but for me it usually isnt by choice its according my my contract. I've always been pretty lucky since the 4S was flawless compared to the 4 and hopefully the 5S fixes whatever paint issues the 5 had

Same here also. I've had the 4 and the 4S and I think the 4S was a great upgrade. I'm hoping the same holds true for the 5S as well. Patiently waiting for some pocket-sized LTE.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Fruit Ninja says, "HELLO!"

Ya know, I was watching my kid play, and noticed the slicing graphic was trailing her finger by a non-negligible amount - on the iPad 4. Same screen tech & issue as iPhone 5?

vazquez1085

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
New York
Same here also. I've had the 4 and the 4S and I think the 4S was a great upgrade. I'm hoping the same holds true for the 5S as well. Patiently waiting for some pocket-sized LTE.

Im def down for some pocket sized LTE!

----------

Mine is due to the contract as well. I never got the first iPhone as the edge network was a bummer. So then I got the iPhone 3GS and now the 4S, next will be 5S.

Im with you..chances are itll be the same form factor as the 5..which im totally ok with

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I don't have "fast-swipe" issue with my iPhone 5; however, I have had issues with screen not responding when connected to the charger.

CaptainPrice01

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
No swipe problems

I haven't heard of problems with swipe issues with the iPhone 5, however I have been hearing multiple problems with the battery life. I hope they improve it with the next iPhone. This may make it heavier, however I would prefer a heavier phone with a better battery life then a light one with a bad battery life.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Ya know, I was watching my kid play, and noticed the slicing graphic was trailing her finger by a non-negligible amount - on the iPad 4. Same screen tech & issue as iPhone 5?

Actually, I think that is normal for the game. I have notice that if you keep your finger on the screen, swipe rapidly across it (while NOT letting go at all), then the screen will become non-responsive until you let go and re-apply your finger. iPhone 5/iPod Touch 5th Gen only.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
I want to see a "scan on display" tech. Ya know the old tech support joke about stupid people putting papers onto the display to scan or fax? Build a light sensor into every pixel, enabling instant contact-scan: hold paper/hand/whatever on the screen, display pixels act as localized lighting for each scan pixel, all pixels scan at once. No more need for an external scanner. With clever software, might even be able to turn it into a large-imager lensless camera.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Would like to see someone invent/patent a rear touch panel that allows touch-action on the back of every iphone. This would allow you swipe with only one hand. Boom! I'll make millions.:D

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
It better have other benefits than just solving that one problem. Otherwise, no one will really care.

Why should anyone care really? We are reading rumors right now. Information that may or may not be true and if true, was not meant for public consumption. Apple could very well change to a new touch panel tech in the next gen iPhone and not advertise it. It would not be considered to be a "feature" of any sort. Just a solution to solve 1 problem that Apple thought was important enough to solve in the new iPhone.

I am sure if iPhone 4 Antennagate hadn't been the public PR disaster that it had been, but Apple discovered the problem internally, they still would have fixed and improved the antenna like they did when they released the 4S. They just wouldn't have advertised it like they did at the 4S keynote.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
if you keep your finger on the screen, swipe rapidly across it (while NOT letting go at all), then the screen will become non-responsive until you let go

Nope, not seeing it. Good excuse to play Fruit Ninja though.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
so whats the new tech gonna be :confused:

no more home button
faster response time - seriously

trying to think what it cud be:rolleyes:

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Wow, they just introduced in cell touch like it was all that. Is the whole panel 0.5 mm thick, or is that just the touch sensor?

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
I want to see a "scan on display" tech. Ya know the old tech support joke about stupid people putting papers onto the display to scan or fax? Build a light sensor into every pixel, enabling instant contact-scan: hold paper/hand/whatever on the screen, display pixels act as localized lighting for each scan pixel, all pixels scan at once. No more need for an external scanner. With clever software, might even be able to turn it into a large-imager lensless camera.

And such a tech would be able to see the shape of the pointer great for painting and drawing apps. Although they could do that with the rf tech used by the finger print mob they acquired recently.

Anonymouslives

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2008
Too bad blackberry isn't the best my more. They take ***** forever to come out with new devices, so you can have the current version for quite some time. Unfortunately, blackberry sucks! Although I like the design of the 9900/9930, the OS is nauseating at best! I hate paying Apple $1,400 a year for 2 new iPhone devices, at least ( if you go 16gb), just to keep up with current tech!

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
I am very optimistic about the tech that this rumor addresses. I believe that if they work out the kinks in development then it will offer incredible display quality and virtually no distortion.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada

Fruit Ninja says, "HELLO!"

A more practical example would be for drawing apps. In the few times I used my iPhone to draw, I definitely noticed the touch event dropping when colouring in objects.

That said, I haven' t noticed any lag with touch response compared to my iPhone 4. I do wish touch screens in the whole industry would improve in terms of touch like Microsoft's proof of concept screen with 1ms lag.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/9/2856795/microsoft-high-performance-touch-research

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
A more practical example would be for drawing apps. In the few times I used my iPhone to draw, I definitely noticed the touch event dropping when colouring in objects.

That said, I haven' t noticed any lag with touch response compared to my iPhone 4. I do wish touch screens in the whole industry would improve in terms of touch like Microsoft's proof of concept screen with 1ms lag.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/9/2856795/microsoft-high-performance-touch-research

Yes, but I will fall back to my old argument... what is practical for you, isn't practical for everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.