Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
jOBS tho? rly?

I still think it's a bit cheesy to have the lowercase j in the title, but that's just my opinion. We'll see how the actual film itself turns out to be. Truth be told I'm more interested in Sony's film however.

I think the title works. It hits on Apple's lower case "i" style without the predictability or cliché of it.

I also am excited for the Sony movie but to be honest I am worried about how it will turn out since Sorkin said the entire movie will be 3 scenes of product launches behind the scenes and doesn't even include the iPhone or iPad! :confused:

Still a stupid name - it could at least have been iJobs

Or iSteve.

Um NO lol! That is just overdone!

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Pathetic comments about the film being crap due to Ashton Kutcher in 3...2...1...

(for the record, when he needs to play a serious role, he does it pretty damn well)

Indeed. Comments are not pathetic; HE IS pathetic.

----------

I'm looking forward to seeing another quality Ashton Kutcher film. He's always in total winners.

Your mastery of irony is really impressive, congrats! :D

----------

Still a stupid name - it could at least have been iJobs

Or iSteve.

Just a stupid name for a stupid actor; no surprises here.

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
This version has gotten more publicity than the SONY film based on Jobs. Hoping that it turns out to be good. Reports were that Kutcher took the roll very serious.

I think the Sony Pictures film is still in the writing process. jOBS is already completed production. I'm sure you'll be hearing lots about the one based off Isaacson's bio when it's closer to release.

ToddFSU

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Geneva, IL
He sure looks a lot like Steve Jobs, but unless I hear it's great... I'll pass.

"Dude, where's my Mac?" will be said over and over in my head, which isn't even funny.

bartszyszka

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2004
New York, NY
Jay Obs?

I think the title works. It hits on Apple's lower case "i" style without the predictability or cliché of it.

Are you kidding? Making a play on Apple's "i" naming is the biggest cliché in the tech press. Doing it with a "j" is making a really awful pun, and they're not even doing it right ("jOBS" vs "jObs").

And it doesn't make any sense. Is somebody supposed to read it as "Jay Obs"? "His name doesn't start with an I, but let's try to seem hip and 'with it' by naming it like one of those iTouches".

Greg.

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
London, UK
Steve would have never allowed this ;)

This is the first time I've ever seen this comment on MacRumors, congratulations on your originality.

__

I really hope this will be a good movie. Everyone laughed at making a Facebook movie at first, but The Social Network was probably one of my favourite films of the last few years!

Manderby

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Someone should write a script for a film with Steve Jobs as the bad guy. Selling poisoned apple juice online while hiding in his computer basement and his mom is growing weed. The police finds the basement and the mom squashes them with a bazooka. After that, Hulk Hogan and the Terminator are drawn back from the future to team up against Jobs. But they have not yet found out that this is all a conspiracy as there is the nemesis of Jobs: Ballmer, the real bad guy, who has set up everything just to kill Jobs' twin brother who stole his girlfriend in school back when he was 12. Of course, in the end Chuck Norris saves the day by turning the poison into a cure of cancer.

THAT's what I call a film.

Who wants to watch jOBS? It's boring. ;)

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
I scoffed at this initially, but I have seen Kutcher play some serious roles and feel that there is some hope here. He certainly looks the part, I'm just having a tough time imagining him as Jobs. Probably because I've still got "Pirates of Silicon Valley" as my standard.

Or because the dude is still wondering where his car is?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Maybe Ashton thought of the title treatment - that little genius he is. Or maybe he typo'd.

I tease (mostly). While I don't think Ashton has much in the way of acting - he's a very savvy businessman in that he's marketing himself well and has catered to his audience.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Are you kidding? Making a play on Apple's "i" naming is the biggest cliché in the tech press. Doing it with a "j" is making a really awful pun, and they're not even doing it right ("jOBS" vs "jObs").

And it doesn't make any sense. Is somebody supposed to read it as "Jay Obs"? "His name doesn't start with an I, but let's try to seem hip and 'with it' by naming it like one of those iTouches".

Lol. Ok, agree to disagree. But I can FULLY back you up on how annoying it is when people call them an "iTouch"!

applebook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
Pathetic comments about the film being crap due to Ashton Kutcher in 3...2...1...

(for the record, when he needs to play a serious role, he does it pretty damn well)

I actually find him quite funny in goofy roles. In serious films...a joke...really... :rolleyes:

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
Probably to match the naming scheme of apple products.
Ex. iPod, iPad, iPhone, iMac - "i" is lower case and it's the first letter of the word.
Plus "j" kind of looks like an "i"

So it's the "j"OBS? What's an OBS? And why is it all caps? If they wanted to match it, it should be jObs. Why don't they just call it "Think Different" or something?

iMacx

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Why does everybody always feel the need to beat the garage bit of his story to death?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.