Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
yea, I had this problem, too.

For some reason, my balance was all the way to the left.
I could NOT figure out why.
I didn't touch it!
(but I DID let someone play with my PowerBook.. that could have been it)

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
stridey said:
Go to System Preferences. In sound, under output, make sure the balance slider is in the center, and not pushed to the left.

lol thanks! I can't figure out how that happened though :confused:

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
katie ta achoo said:
yea, I had this problem, too.

For some reason, my balance was all the way to the left.
I could NOT figure out why.
I didn't touch it!
(but I DID let someone play with my PowerBook.. that could have been it)

I know there was a bug that caused this to happen inexplicably. I remember it being mentioned here in the forums, I remember that it's Tiger specific (i think), and I remember it being reproducable. I know Apple knows about it. Beyond that, I can't remember a thing about it. Wish I could recall what causes it.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
stridey said:
I know there was a bug that caused this to happen inexplicably. I remember it being mentioned here in the forums, I remember that it's Tiger specific (i think), and I remember it being reproducable. I know Apple knows about it. Beyond that, I can't remember a thing about it. Wish I could recall what causes it.

Blasted Tiger!

..but.. I love it!

:p
Next time I think my sound card is on the fritz, I'll check it.
(I was about to go to The Apple Store and bug the genius about it. My face would have been red... haha)

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Dude. I thought I was crazy. I'm glad someone else has this problem! Before I realized the solution was to check the balance (I figured it out a few weeks ago), I almost threw away my headphones because they seemed broken!

Why does Tiger reset PowerBook speaker balance? That's a weird bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.