Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
thanks for the reply man!

my LAST couple question about ur printer lol

do you find the toners last you a while?

for 129 do you think thats worth it?

the only thing that seems to concern me is it says 4ppm (pages per minute) for color!

thanks man, im just making sure i buy the right printer to last lol

Sorry, I've only had the printer a bit over a month, and it gets pretty light usage at our place, so I can't really comment on the toner life yet.

Leslie.Hon

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2008

Attachments

• mydesk.jpg
    mydesk.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 294

letswastetime

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2007
Heres my current set up. Picture taken by my iPhone 4S.

Whats on the desk:
2.53 MacBook Pro 15 inch
Bowers & Wilkins P5
iPad 3
Creative bluetooth speaker
CM Punk Action figure ;)

You guys have some pretty awesome set ups!
Where did you get that "smile, you're designed to" poster?

Last edited:

dxstewart

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Finally got my camera to work. This is the current setup, for now. I'm patiently waiting to buy my new HEMNES desk from IKEA to match my bed. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0985.jpg
    DSCN0985.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 343

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
The more i see pictures of these machines the more i love them i used to like Alienware but now they seem to me like plastic toys compared macs, I also like the fact that they have retained there design since 2005 if i have to go back to windows it will be through bootcamp.

Accoladeuk

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
I also listened to a couple of your songs, I'm defenitly going to purchase a few of your songs soon! You guys are phenomenal! :cool:

Thank you very much :)

----------

Very nice. May I ask what gear do use? I presume you used the same gear to make these very awesome recordings! :)

The ep was really only made with a few select items.

iMac running Logic Pro
Se Gemini 3 microphone to record vocals & Acoustics guitars and instruments.
Focusrite isa one pre amp.
Takamine series acoustic guitar.
Roland vg99 for the few bits of electric.

hope this helps.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Thank you very much :)

----------

The ep was really only made with a few select items.

iMac running Logic Pro
Se Gemini 3 microphone to record vocals & Acoustics guitars and instruments.
Focusrite isa one pre amp.
Takamine series acoustic guitar.
Roland vg99 for the few bits of electric.

hope this helps.

No problem, I wish you and your band the best of luck on your road to fame :)

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
Not my current setup, but this was my setup about a year ago.

A gorgeous piece of technology... imho so much more beautiful than the 2009-2011 and 2012 iMacs. Really miss it :(

Attachments

• imac___26__11__11_by_nilscollection-d4hcqxe.jpg
    imac___26__11__11_by_nilscollection-d4hcqxe.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 201

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Not my current setup, but this was my setup about a year ago.

A gorgeous piece of technology... imho so much more beautiful than the 2009-2011 and 2012 iMacs. Really miss it :(

I still love the lamp iMacs (second gen). Those were gorgeous, and totally cool. A lot of people didn't like them, but I did!

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Finally getting settled into my new place. Found a good use for that PowerMac G5 case I've been toting around for the past couple of years. I'll post the other photos in this once I get back on my computer.

Edit: Here's the rest of my corner. Small bedroom so my bed is right behind my desk.

8343915896_4a4d12cdac_b.jpg

8343916552_cd80ac36f2_b.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7,160
Last edited:

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
They are are great looking case, and I like what you have done with it! Great way to keep your cables tidy! :)

Sadly I still have that foot or so of cable that I need to tidy as it comes out of the case and into my equipment. So far all I have available are some twist ties. Gonna try to find some zip ties soon. My speaker and headset cable are really long and make behind my screen look cluttered even though I have them tied up. I may try to rig something to the back of the screen to keep all the cables up off the table there.

mjmchase

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
NW Indiana

Thanks for the reminder of the full sized old school wireless keyboard. I love having a keypad, so have been using the wired, chicklet version. After seeing your pict I dug around the house and found mine hidden away under my son's bed from my old G5 iMac. I will have to get used to the feel of the keys, but it has already cleaned up my desk a bit.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Thanks for the reminder of the full sized old school wireless keyboard. I love having a keypad, so have been using the wired, chicklet version. After seeing your pict I dug around the house and found mine hidden away under my son's bed from my old G5 iMac. I will have to get used to the feel of the keys, but it has already cleaned up my desk a bit.

I would not use the older wireless keyboard but thats just me

mjmchase

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
NW Indiana
I like the feel of the newer keyboards more, but really like not having a cord. Wish apple would break down and offer a full sized wireless again. I am also considering getting the Logitech solar powered wireless if the key action is similar to Apple's.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
My little nook setup

2012 iMac 27" and Camera/Video equipment

Attachments

• IMG_8718.jpg
    IMG_8718.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1086 (1).jpg
    IMG_1086 (1).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 283
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.