Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Oh sorry... that HD was actually a recent "upgrade" from Tapatalk iPad (universal) and I thought that was what you had.

Now we need some themes to get rid of that hideous orange in both the new apps. :mad:

$5 is alot of money for an app, lol.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Call me crazy but I prefer the old look better

This new tapatalk 2 is not universal ? With ipad
I know they have an ipad HD app but I like using the original tapatalk on the ipad mini

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I was concerned about uploading screenshots too after I saw your screenshots but mine has the icons as before as you see in my screenshot below. The one thing I like better from the original version is the themes. I prefer light text on dark backgrounds. For whatever reason I find it easier on my eyes hence making it easier to read.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority on that. So far though I do like the new version quite a bit. It feels easier to navigate to different areas of the forums

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357300952.033118.jpg

It appears to be improved on the first version. While not always thrilled to shell out money for v1 and v2 twice in the same month, such is life. Retrieving more threads seems to be better now as it seemed a bit inconsistent before to me. the overall look is better as well.
Before & After

ta2y3uju.jpg
usemyvy6.jpg

One thing though, modifying the post on the new version didn't seem to allow me to add a pic. I had to go to the old version to upload the two pics. That is something I don't like.

Note the lack of any image upload icon in the new version.

ha2a7u4y.jpg
ame9u8y7.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I was concerned about uploading screenshots too after I saw your screenshots but mine has the icons as before as you see in my screenshot below. The one thing I like better from the original version is the themes. I prefer light text on dark backgrounds. For whatever reason I find it easier on my eyes hence making it easier to read.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority on that. So far though I do like the new version quite a bit. It feels easier to navigate to different areas of the forums

View attachment 387914

I have image upload icons if I reply or post a new thread; they're absent if I go back and modify the post. That's what I am talking about.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21357303881.306177.jpg

Last edited:

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I have image upload icons if I reply or post a new thread; they're absent if I go back and modify the post. That's what I am talking about.

Yeah, my experience is the same: no image, or anything other than the keyboard, when editing a post. And they need to figure out if they want the images attached or embedded. Both is superfluous. Or give us the option for one or the other (or both, if you're into that sort of thing).

Also, regarding push notifications, the in-app settings for those don't appear to work, or so I've found. I originally (default) had notifications selected (aka "ON") for both PMs and Subscribed topics and was getting way too many so I unselected them for subscriptions. Shortly after that, nothing changed; I was still getting them for everything. I then turned them off completely in-app and, shortly after that, nothing continued to change; still getting them. I had to turn them off in the Settings.app to shut my phone up.

It's funny to me how a v2.0.1 can act like a v1.0...

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
I couldn't find it either but it's moot because it's disabled on this forum, or at least it was when I was using v1.

Yeah, it is disabled but i use two other forums that rely on me having a signature so people understand why my responses are short or if if i use short type. Also it let's people know i am not at a desktop environment. I never understood why macrumors never allowed for " Sent from "Device" using tapatalk or forum runner.

Thanks for the follow up response.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Yeah, it is disabled but i use two other forums that rely on me having a signature so people understand why my responses are short or if if i use short type. Also it let's people know i am not at a desktop environment. I never understood why macrumors never allowed for " Sent from "Device" using tapatalk or forum runner.

Thanks for the follow up response.

There are other forums!?! :eek:

Kidding.

I'm of the same opinion as you regarding using signatures to inform others that you're not on a full-fledged machine and I, too, don't understand why MR wouldn't enable this. Perhaps a trip the Site and Forum Feedback is in order.

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
"Tapatalk 2 for iPhone has been temporary removed from App Store to address few more issues. We hope to re-release it on third week of January. Thanks.":(

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
"Tapatalk 2 for iPhone has been temporary removed from App Store to address few more issues. We hope to re-release it on third week of January. Thanks.":(

Probably the issues such as the ones stated above. Hope the next version will be better improved.:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well, looks like we paid them to let us beta test. :D I hope they do fix the issues soon. Maybe beta testers should get the iPad version free!

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Just to keep you updated, I'm already testing a version that fixes quite a few of the above issues already and the developer is working as fast as possible to get all these resolved.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Just put Tapatalk 2 on my Appshopper wish list hoping to be notified when it returns. Any other way to be notified when it reappears in the App Store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.