Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
how much did your mini cost?

i need a sealed green and pick mini to complete my 2nd gen mini collection.

There are four colours for the 2nd gen right?

I got it for a great bargain. I've seen them priced on eBay with ridiculous Buy It Now prices but I got mine for a fraction.

I know what an avid collector you are, especially after I've seen your YouTube videos and your pictures on here.

I'm willing to let you have it to complete your mini collection but obviously there's a price to pay. And by that I mean another iPod I'd want in return... :)

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
I got it for a great bargain. I've seen them priced on eBay with ridiculous Buy It Now prices but I got mine for a fraction.

I know what an avid collector you are, especially after I've seen your YouTube videos and your pictures on here.

I'm willing to let you have it to complete your mini collection but obviously there's a price to pay. And by that I mean another iPod I'd want in return... :)

Not really urgent for one but would be nice if i had the green and pink 2nd gen mini but for now i'm happy with the ipods i have.
I recently purchase an sealed brand new 1st generation ipad with the launch wallpaper not the ios 5 wallpaper i think it was that was on the 1st gen ipad a year later it launched.Seller would be shipping it in JAN 2013.

Also forgot that i want this GOLD 1st gen mini but it's $5000.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Seal...4103?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item4d07aa9ee7

and this HP 2nd gen mini
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Seal...m-HP-4-GB-/330841100677?pt=Other_MP3_Players&
hash=item4d07aa9185

I did see an Hp 6gb mini that sold for $200ish which i tryed to bid on it but the stupid seller doesn't ship to australia for some reason and the seller blocked the email function so i couldn't even tell him if i can pay for postage for him to ship to australia.

I have an 1st gen silver and pink mini but they are not sealed and one of them was purchased from your contry.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
How much did you pay for your 1st Gen iPad? I bought one off eBay. I think it was one of the first one to be released.

I've watched and bided hundreds of auctions but you can't win them all.

Anyway, I'll try to put a pic up of my current collection but I've got two important exams in January that ill be preoccupied with.

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
How much did you pay for your 1st Gen iPad? I bought one off eBay. I think it was one of the first one to be released.

I've watched and bided hundreds of auctions but you can't win them all.

Anyway, I'll try to put a pic up of my current collection but I've got two important exams in January that ill be preoccupied with.

Won the ipad 1 for $358.00AUD.There were like 8-7 bidders biding on it.

and yer i know,everything you bid on there is gonna be at least someone that will bid on it as well.Where do all these people come from.Is it collectors,people that resell things for profit or normal people who would open a sealed rare ipod to use.

There seems to be not much ipod collectors how there anymore.

And goodluck for your exam,can't wait to see your beautyful collection as well.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Won the ipad 1 for $358.00AUD.There were like 8-7 bidders biding on it.

and yer i know,everything you bid on there is gonna be at least someone that will bid on it as well.Where do all these people come from.Is it collectors,people that resell things for profit or normal people who would open a sealed rare ipod to use.

There seems to be not much ipod collectors how there anymore.

And goodluck for your exam,can't wait to see your beautyful collection as well.

What capacity iPad 1st gen did you auction on?

tassiegooner

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Apple iPod 4th Gen U2 Special Edition

Can anyone give me a realistic value for an iPod 4thGen Special Edition U2 20GB version (M9787X/A)- Australian Edition (No itune credit) Brand NEW unopened in a sealed box for the last 8 years - I have one and I want to know if I should sell it, hold onto it and if so what is it worth.
Anyones help would me muchly appreciated.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
It's only worth what people are willing to pay for it.
Some would say its worth up to £500 and others would say more.
Your best bet is to stick it on ebay at either a price you'll be happy with, but obviously a price that somebody would pay. Alternatively, you could list it at £0.99 and let it fetch its own market price.
You have to keep your prices real in order to actually get people to buy it.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
It's only worth what people are willing to pay for it.
Some would say its worth up to £500 and others would say more.
Your best bet is to stick it on ebay at either a price you'll be happy with, but obviously a price that somebody would pay. Alternatively, you could list it at £0.99 and let it fetch its own market price.
You have to keep your prices real in order to actually get people to buy it.

I'll second that!

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
A wise guy once told me that. I wonder who that was ;)

Anyway, I've got a new arrival coming in the post. Should be here Tuesday. Will post pictures when I get it. It's a real beauty :)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Anyway, I've got a new arrival coming in the post. Should be here Tuesday. Will post pictures when I get it. It's a real beauty :)

Oh, how exciting!! Cant wait to see some pics :)

I havn't bought anything with an apple on lately. My latest catch was a thing with a "B" on an anchor with wings :D

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ah hell, I've just been bitten by the iPod collecting bug and slowly bankrupting myself on eBay..... 20GB 3rd Gen Classic and 4GB 2nd Gen Blue Mini in the post.....

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Ah hell, I've just been bitten by the iPod collecting bug and slowly bankrupting myself on eBay..... 20GB 3rd Gen Classic and 4GB 2nd Gen Blue Mini in the post.....

Been there, doin' that! Welcome to the club ;)
You can't beat the feeling when a new iPod arrives in the mail!!
Can we hope to see some pics when they arrive?

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
6e5yqubu.jpg

bebe2edy.jpg

3u4a2uny.jpg

Such a beaut.

So that takes me to:

Shuffle:
1st Gen
3rd Gen (Pink)
4th Gen (Green)

Nano:
1st Gen (White)
2nd Gen (Green)
7th Gen (Blue)

Mini:
2nd Gen (Blue)

Classic:
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Photo

+ iPod Hifi

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)

Such a beaut.

So that takes me to:

Shuffle:
1st Gen
3rd Gen (Pink)
4th Gen (Green)

Nano:
1st Gen (White)
2nd Gen (Green)
7th Gen (Blue)

Mini:
2nd Gen (Blue)

Classic:
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Photo

+ iPod Hifi

Are your iPods sealed or used?
Or is your collection a bit if both?
Do you have a picture of your whole collection? I'll hopefully post a pic if mine when my darn package arrives. It's taken over a week and only arrived in England today.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
I don't have any sealed. They aren't an investment or anything - I love to appreciate the design and have a good grope every now and then - if that doesn't sound too wired. I do love the packaging too though and try to buy things with the boxes so I can appreciate the whole product.
What have you ordered?

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
ejeha7u4.jpg

Here they are (missing the 4G shuffle) which is in a gym bag somewhere.

Have been pretty lucky - first iPod Mini was sold as spares but just needed a good charge, sold it then bought a mint one. 4th gen classic just needed a bang on the table to jump the hard drive back in action. 3rd gen classic just needed an update, restore and charge and now working fine. Polished out a few polycarbonate and stainless steel scratches with some car polish and boom, done.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357852356.137130.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357852356.137130.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 91

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North

Here they are (missing the 4G shuffle) which is in a gym bag somewhere.

Have been pretty lucky - first iPod Mini was sold as spares but just needed a good charge, sold it then bought a mint one. 4th gen classic just needed a bang on the table to jump the hard drive back in action. 3rd gen classic just needed an update, restore and charge and now working fine. Polished out a few polycarbonate and stainless steel scratches with some car polish and boom, done.

Now that is a nice collection! Thanks for sharing! :)

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
iPod Touch 1st Generation 8GB, week 35 of 2007, still sealed.

iOS 1 or 1.1?

I presume week 35 is pretty early for this as far as production weeks go?

Attachments

• IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.