Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Yes, we still sell directly, but if you're on Lion or later, the Mac App Store is the best way to purchase. You'll get the 1Password 4 for Mac upgrade for free and there are some nice additions there that aren't in 1Password 3.8 that we sell from our online store such as the menu bar application and the enhanced security of the application sandbox.

Jamie Phelps
Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

Jamie:

Appreciate the response...

As I am using the trial version which is 3.8.20 would you please expand on the menu bar application (i.e. what is it), the enhanced security of the sandbox (i.e. presumably you would not release an application that has security issues) and anything else.

At the same time are there reasons -- other than support fot Leopard -- that the direct version and the MAS version differ.

Thanks so much,

Joel

PS. I know that it is time consuming but it would be helpful to update the user's guide as the screen images are from a version that predates the text which makes it difficult to follow along.

PPS. It would also be helpful to explain how Dropbox synchronization works as that is not cobered anywhere.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Just to be completely sure. If I delete the 1password app from my phone, and download it again right after, all of my passwords will show up exactly how I had them if I'm synced with iCloud, right? Reason I ask is, I need to restore my iPhone 4S. I have 1password synced to iCloud. There's no option to backup to my computer so I need to know that all of my data will definitely reappear once I get the app back on my phone.

AGJamie

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
What's happened to Wallet items?

Wallet and Accounts have had all their subcategories hoisted to first order Categories citizens.

--
Jamie Phelps

----------

Just to be completely sure. If I delete the 1password app from my phone, and download it again right after, all of my passwords will show up exactly how I had them if I'm synced with iCloud, right? Reason I ask is, I need to restore my iPhone 4S. I have 1password synced to iCloud. There's no option to backup to my computer so I need to know that all of my data will definitely reappear once I get the app back on my phone.

That should be true. Make a fresh backup first though either to iCloud or to iTunes. Both of these options backup application data in addition to system settings.

--
Jamie Phelps

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Wallet and Accounts have had all their subcategories hoisted to first order Categories citizens.

--
Jamie Phelps

----------

That should be true. Make a fresh backup first though either to iCloud or to iTunes. Both of these options backup application data in addition to system settings.

--
Jamie Phelps

Appreciate the answer and thankfully it worked. Now however I have a new problem. I restored my phone and reinstalled 1Password, once I opened it it said syncing with iCloud, put in my master password and it started getting my passwords. It stopped after only a few. It still says syncing. I first left it for an hour or two and it stayed the same. Deleted the app, reset network settings, turned off documents in icloud then started everything over again. Now a day later its still stuck on those same passwords. I already sent a log but have received no response.

petalino

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
This software is overpriced

I made the mistake of buying 1Password without thoroughly reading the "fineprint". I bought it for my macs and now find out that I have to pay more to be able to also use it on an Ipad.

If you want to be using it on all of your Apple devices including Ipad, Iphone and desktop, you will have to shell out about $68.

I think that this price is completely out of range, considering that some similar applications are for free or for $2.

Aperture by Apple is a highly sophisticated software and it costs $80, while $67 for 1Password is a software snippet by comparison, yet it costs almost the same.

Just my 2 bleeding cents.....

Last edited:

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
I made the mistake of buying 1Password without thoroughly reading the "fineprint". I bought it for my macs and now find out that I have to pay more to be able to also use it on an Ipad.

If you want to be using it on all of your Apple devices including Ipad, Iphone and desktop, you will have to shell out about $68.

I think that this price is completely out of range, considering that some similar applications are for free or for $2.

Aperture by Apple is a highly sophisticated software and it costs $80, while $67 for 1Password is a software snippet by comparison, yet it costs almost the same.

Just my 2 bleeding cents.....

$68 dollars? Wow that sucks. I paid $25. Includes Mac, iPhone, iPad.

FatLip

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
on da moon
Why can't I see the credit card numbers on the iOS app on my iPhone???? :mad:

for your own security, you see the new upgrade improved features for developers (who ever they are selling you info to) is what your paying for.

Let me get this straight, i buy 1password 3, 7 months later v4 comes out, i have to buy it or stuck with no way to re download v3, i got a new iPhone dammit, and this company ripped its own clients off, i am sure news about their sharing peoples passwords will also surface, oh wait thats dropbox, hey one more thing come to think of it, dropbox is also another scam they used to trap users into sharing their info while paying for it too.

very clever crimes the FBI should be solving., i have to say it wont be too long before the law catches up with out laws in the digital age, im sure it will be called the digital civil war.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I'm convinced that it's all a sham. The NSA has all the 256-bit keys for encryption. I don't believe these "we can't see your data" claims by these companies anymore. The NSA can get to anything they want, and these "private" companies are in cohoots with them.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Why can't I see the credit card numbers on the iOS app on my iPhone???? :mad:

Edit: I notice this was from February, so I'm a tad late to the bump the thread game here. Please contact our support if you're ever having trouble.

Which number are you not able to see?

If it's the CVV number, just tap on the field area for it and click Reveal.

With all issues, users should contact our support if they're having trouble. This isn't our support forum and we cannot promise to always respond quickly here.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Edit: I notice this was from February, so I'm a tad late to the bump the thread game here. Please contact our support if you're ever having trouble.

Which number are you not able to see?

If it's the CVV number, just tap on the field area for it and click Reveal.

With all issues, users should contact our support if they're having trouble. This isn't our support forum and we cannot promise to always respond quickly here.

I solved the issue a while back. I reinstalled the app and viola.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
I solved the issue a while back. I reinstalled the app and viola.

Good to hear. Sounds like a sync went awry or something like that. Seems to happen when Dropbox has an issue or the internet conks out for a few users now and then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.