Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

workingbee

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
Can't successfully get through the procedure...

Hi all,
I followed the procedure as described :confused:above. I got an error message stating that while the p06-caldav.icloud.com could be located, my AppleID couldn't be verified (although I confirmed it's valid with Itunes).

This might be related to the following directive that I could not figure out:
"Also automatic refresh does not seem to work, so I changed to 15 minutes.
Next click create."

Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance !

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
based on the name of the server (e.g. p06-caldev), it's entirely possible that there are multiple servers and your account is on a different one.

nickgfromdc

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
DC
I was finally able to sync iCal on my computer by deleting the "old" account iCal syncs. I then re-added the account Account Type > MobileMe. Everything syncs fine now on iCal. Trying to get Address Book to sync now.

dabrains

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
Try Adding a NEW iCal

Changing the server did not work for me at first. I backed up all my cals then added a new iCal using the server mentions and Voila! Works. Maybe will work for those that can't get it working.

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2010
That is awesome, thank you so much! I only use Lion on my laptop but keep Snow Leopard on the Mac Pro. Syncing with all devices was a pain as the iPhone was syncing all that through iTunes before, which meant that the Laptop never had the calendar up to date!

missbright

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
canada
Still need help!

I think I'm having the same issue as posted in this thread.

iCal on my computer (OS X Lion) and on iCloud sync normally, but on my iPhone 4 (iOS5), none of my events show up.

iCloud is enabled on my phone, and so is iCal...

I saw the solution about changing the server- HOWEVER, I am challenged when it comes to technology. Can someone PLEASE dumb down the solution for me?

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2010
Does this still work? I can't seem to sync anymore and pinging doesn't work? p06-caldav.icloud.com

Wicker

macrumors regular
May 11, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Found this on another forum, and it worked for me...

Server Address: p06-caldav.icloud.com

Just set up as a CalDav account, and used my iTunes account info for username and password. Worked like a charm. All my iCloud calendars just popped up.

Running OS X 10.6.8, iCal 4.0.4

Amazing! This worked perfectly thanks very much :)

muzikmakur

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2012
Lion Mac Air Calendar

I have a different sync issue. I can't upgrade my iMac to Lion yet and my new Mac Air of course will only use Lion. I'm still syncing through mobile me with my iPhone and iPad and iMac. But the calendar on my mac air is not syncing with mobile me. Anybody got an ideas on how to make this happen? Can't upgrade to iCloud yet.

nhckr

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Worked

Thank you augustmiller17. Works as described. Enabled iCloud services by setting up new @me.com account and used iTunes authentication

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Didn't work for me but I am still on Leopard. Did anyone get it working through Leopard?

Ordering SL next week, will lose my laser printer and Eudora on the laptop <sigh>. At least I still have my G4.

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2010
I thought that iCloud only worked on macs with Lion. I was putting off getting Lion since I heard I could not use my iDVD anymore. But I wanted iCloud.

How does one get iCloud on a Snow Leopard MacBook Pro?

Thanks.

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
I thought that iCloud only worked on macs with Lion. I was putting off getting Lion since I heard I could not use my iDVD anymore. But I wanted iCloud.

How does one get iCloud on a Snow Leopard MacBook Pro?

Thanks.

One doesn't. This thread is about getting iCal to sync with iCloud on macs without Lion.

Flybye

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Love to give a big THANK YOU.

I just edited my iCal in SL with p06-caldav.icloud.com. I now have my mini syncing with my iPad and 2x4S.

Pozemom

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
Augustmiller is obviously the person I have been looking for! I have been putting off the move to iCloud for as long as possible because we are a family of 5 with many devices and we share many calendars. Everyone is running Lion and IOS5 except our youngest child, who still runs LEOPARD. We have taken the leap and everyone is successfully sharing our calendars except our LEOPARD user. It sounds like your solution will allow us to share our iCloud calendars with her, too, but I need a more step by step explanation of what to do. I apologize for being a slow learner, but would SO APPRECIATE your help!

citizenstrange

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
This worked for me

Here's what worked for me on 10.6.8:

First, backup your current ical calendars in case this doesn't work! Click File/Export/ical Archive.

Go to ical pref's then accounts. Delete your current non-working mobile me account, then click the + to add an account.

Choose CalDav from the "Account Type" dropdown. Type in your complete mobile me email (under Username) and password (should be the same for your new icloud account), and under "Server Address" put: p06-caldav.icloud.com

That should be it, but if you get a prompt asking to pick from different calendars available, choose the icloud version.

Done

Calendar syncing confirmed working here. Calendars moved to a different day in ical we're pushed to my iphone.

chuges

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
works flawlessly, THANK YOU!! (running latest version of SL)

fyi, you don't have to use a "@me.com" username, you can use whatever email address you have associated with icloud

spideroxley

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012

Just set up as a CalDav account, and used my iTunes account info for username and password. Worked like a charm. All my iCloud calendars just popped up.

This has been frustrating me for months. Can't believe there's such an easy solution. Thank you so much augustmiller

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Now that I've updated to SL, I've been able to sync my calendar back to the laptop! I still have doubles on the phone but hopefully they'll work themselves out

Thanks!

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Just found the following LINK and it was perfect. The "06" server address mentioned in this thread could be different for different people. For example, mine was 03 following the directions in the LINK. I also took a screen capture of the web link.

Hope this helps others!

Attachments

• Unknown-1.png
    Unknown-1.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 319

k4r1m

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Sign In to iCloud.com

You can Sign in to icloud.com and there you can select all your contacts and export them as vCard an your snow leopard machine will now have all your idivice contacts.
it´s tedious but works.

That seems to be a no go from my experience and what I've tried to find on the net....

On 10.6, Mail works and iCal to an extent, but I can't seem to find a carddav server address that will work...

I've also since found that iCal on 10.5.8 will not play with iCloud calendars.....But of a bummer for family members on older Macs (probably their one and only) and who don't change machines as readily as some of us, but who also have iOS devices and now iCloud accounts.........I really don't get where Apple are going with all this....:rolleyes:

IanDownward

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Thank you!

This worked so well I had to join to say thank you, can't believe it was that simple after all this time! :)

laurbuck66

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
What about subscribed calendars?

Thank you augustmiller, the CalDAV workaround to sync Snow Leopard iCal 4 with my iPhone worked like a CHARM!!

One thing, though- it didn't bring along my Subscriptions, and I realllly need my son's frequently updated marching band calendar subscription. And, because I technically don't have iCloud syncing ability with 10.6.8, there is no choice for adding the band cal to iCloud under the Subscription settings, only My Mac. :(

I know, I know- I could just pull the trigger on Mountain Lion for $20. I might just have to do that.

But, the geek in me wants to know if there's a way to get a dynamic (updates on it's own) subscription added to this new set of calendars that magically updates even though Snow Leopard doesn't have iCal capabilities!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.