Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I have an Iphone 3GS, which was previously locked to carrier and it was jailbroken and unlocked with ipad baseband (as all those 3gs which had same problem). A few weeks earlyer, Ive asked carrier to unlock it, and they sayed they unlocked it. So its unlocked factory now. So I decided to update to the newest version iOS, and.. here we have a problem, it doesnt start.

Ive contacted some iphone fixers online and they sayed its not a problem, its just modem firmware conflict. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Im using MAC OS, so would be great if I get an answer for this system :)

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
It's better if you try researching and learning a few things yourself before you attempt anything further.
Can't expect someone to always hold your hand.

Thats the problem, I have searched about it, but I dont know what the problem is, so dont know what to search. You wrote an answer - thank you, but it was ment for experienced person, not a newbie. So if you can, just write steps (step titles) so I could find tutorials about them and fix the problem :)

I want to sell the phone faster, so I want to fix it faster :)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
This is as good as it gets, search this forum and use google to search on things you learn, nobody is going to hold your hand, self education is best.

I gave you a starting point, take it from there, don't rush in to a quick solution, step by step is better.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
Thats the problem, I have searched about it, but I dont know what the problem is, so dont know what to search. You wrote an answer - thank you, but it was ment for experienced person, not a newbie. So if you can, just write steps (step titles) so I could find tutorials about them and fix the problem :)

I want to sell the phone faster, so I want to fix it faster :)

they already posted a tutorial here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22653

and you didn't even look at it

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I was replying to the first post on phone :) so didnt see the link..

But I still have a problem following the link tutorial.. The problem is, I was updating to newest iOS version before (was 6.0.1 I think), so 6.0.2 and 6.0.1 isnt supported version by the newest version of redsn0w (atleast thats what its saying when I try to select the ipsw). So I tried 5.1.1 and.. when it was jailbreaking on iphone, it gave a FAIL ERROR at the end.

Any ideas for that?! This was the version I downloaded RedSn0w 0.9.15b3.

Anyone that could fix the problem using teamviewer - will pay 10$ via paypal :D

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Previous version (now the redsn0w is saying its 6.0.1 06.15.00) was 3.... cant remember which it was really, but I think it was 3.xx I was told it was the last iOS that could be updated on new botroom 3gs phone with ipad baseband so it could be unlocked. Probably changed alot after that :)

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Previous version (now the redsn0w is saying its 6.0.1 06.15.00) was 3.... cant remember which it was really, but I think it was 3.xx I was told it was the last iOS that could be updated on new botroom 3gs phone with ipad baseband so it could be unlocked. Probably changed alot after that :)

Downgrade to 5.1.1 then downgrade the baseband?

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
But I didnt had 5, will it let me? Dont I need blobs ir smth like that that are saved on cydia? Can someone help using teamviewer? Please

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
6.02 is for IP5 and iPad3

6.01 is the latest version

download 6.0 and 6.01 IPSW for your phone

in redsn0w got to Extras/Select IPSW now select the 6.0 IPSW

now got to Extras/Even More/Restore select restore, use the 6.01 IPSW and follow instruction, when redns0w asks if you want to preserve Baseband hit YES.

Good luck

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Come on :) I wrote that current version of redsn0w says unsupported version, when Im selecting 6.0.1 ipsw :) thats the problem..

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Maybe some more research would have found you that you need to point it to 6.0 manually to get it to work, but i guess you know better than all the others that got it done this way...

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Maybe some more research would have found you that you need to point it to 6.0 manually to get it to work, but i guess you know better than all the others that got it done this way...

Sorry for not understanding properly, as I am a n00b :) maybe its not research problem.. its more of a incompetence.. anyway..

You see, the problem is that the device was ALWAYS on 3.x iOS jailbreaked, and after that I updated it to 6.0.1, so there are no blobs for 6.0 and etc.. Thats why I get a problem following your tips.

11tn9sn.png

Please give me more help, I will try to read it 10 times and act on 11th next time :)

Steps I was doing now: extras > selected 6.0.1 ipsw > even more > restore > selected 6.0 > did all it asked > received the message above.

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I even tried to restore to 3.1.3 (I think it was the latest I had before), but redsn0w gave an error that latest version of redsn0w can only restore to version 4 or above, but I never was on 4 and etc..

And trying to check what SHSH blobs cydia has saved for my device with tiny umbrella, but it only says "no blobs saved on 6.0" device. So I dont know how to check/get 3.x blobs if they would be in any use.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
A 3GS is the simplest iPhone model to restore and has the option to make baseband changes.

I have read the thread.

If you are unable to follow the recommended tutorials or Google to help yourself, I recommend you find a local shop and pay them to do it.

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
A 3GS is the simplest iPhone model to restore and has the option to make baseband changes.

I have read the thread.

If you are unable to follow the recommended tutorials or Google to help yourself, I recommend you find a local shop and pay them to do it.

Ive read this thread 10 times, did all everyone suggested! Read all the tutorials and etc, somehow my problem still isnt solved.. Im not that dumb not to be able follow the instructions.

I know Im asking to much, but maybe someone could help me using teamviewer or something? I can make screenshots of every step Im making if thats needed, but I know Im doing all that everyone suggested..

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
decided to update to the newest version iOS, and.. here we have a problem, it doesnt start.
I'd like to know why anyone would take a 3Gs beyond 4.3.3 , When it works solid.
If you cruise Apple support - you might get a taste of why not to upgrade.
2. Why jailbroke - whats the actual advantage?
Other than long term crashes.
I was under the impression once jailbroke - it's not possible to use updates correctly.

Last edited:

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I'd like to know why anyone would take a 3Gs beyond 4.3.3 , When it works solid.
If you cruise Apple support - you might get a taste of why not to upgrade.

This for is for sale, and I got it unlocked by carrier, so needed/wanted to update it to 6.0 from 3.x

Im not going to use any apple support, thats why Im here, arent I? I know it was a stupid thing to do it without knowing what Im doing.. probably would of easily changed from ipad baseband to the normal.. but whats done is done.. need to fix the problem now :p

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
no you didn't folow instructions….

start by saving your blobs for 6.01
download TinyUmbrella

hook up phone
open TU, go to advanced, uncheck Request SHSH from Cydia
go back to main page and hit save SHSH

to restore 6.01 have 6.0 and 6.01 IPSW ready

redsn0w:
Extras/Select IPSW select the 6.0 IPSW

now go to Extras/even/more/restore select the 6.01 IPSW
and follow instructions

grato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I think you missed the point - Apple Support forum has all the same as here - based on model of phone.

Cruise simple means read.

I doubt Apple likes people that jailbreak theyr phones :) I didnt jailbreak to use free apps, it was just for unlocking.. since the carrier is from other country, and I wasnt living in that country anymore.

Anyway, can someone please give any more tips/suggestions/ideas on what to do more, as all the above didnt help.. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.