Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethan86

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
He used a combination of Goodreader and Pages for content creation work. I'm going with Goodreader and Polaris Office myself. Having just recently finished a Masters degree before buying the iPad (it was a graduation gift to myself), I got to say -- wish I bought it earlier while in the throws of an intense student phase of my career.

How well does Polaris Office work? I read about in last night in my January of Maclife and was thinking of downloading it so I could edit word and excel files from my iPad.

Little E

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
How well does Polaris Office work? I read about in last night in my January of Maclife and was thinking of downloading it so I could edit word and excel files from my iPad.

Not bad -- I've only really used the word processing functions. Though I have noticed formatting errors (spacing, tabs, etc) on some stuff that I've sent from work to finish at home. But that can be standard for any office to apple conversion program anyway. I bought Polaris as it was 3 programs in 1 that also allows iPhone and iPad download for the same price. I have MS Office for Mac that I am very happy with on the MB. If/when they ever come out with Office for iOS I would definitely buy that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.