Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Hi,

I have the iPod Classic 160GB. I have a Windows 7 desktop PC. Could I listen on my iPod itself as going to CD 1, and CD 2 as I tagged them instead of having the songs in one big list on my iPod under the playlists? I don't see on my iPod that they are CD 1, and CD 2. I see on my iPod they are a list of songs. I tagged with iTunes tracks 1-6 are CD 1, and tracks 7-14 are CD 2, so why isn't it that way on my iPod?

Could someone help to get it on my iPod?

Thank you,

I hope someone replies soon!

yly3

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Hi

Unless there is a way I am not aware of the only way is to edit the tag on the files and add in album name CD1 or CD2 and then browse your iPod via the Albums menu

This is how I do it anyway
I am obsessed with organizing my music so I hear your pain

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Hi

Unless there is a way I am not aware of the only way is to edit the tag on the files and add in album name CD1 or CD2 and then browse your iPod via the Albums menu

This is how I do it anyway
I am obsessed with organizing my music so I hear your pain

That's a good suggestion. I'll try that. Maybe for the album name I could do it like this the album name-CD 1, album name-CD 2? Would that work? I could try it.

Thank you,

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
After doing that, could I browse by playlists on my iPod instead of by albums like you said in your first reply?

yly3

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
It seems you can. Just be sure to select and hold an album name until it bleeps twice. That is when the album is added into the On the Go playlist. I think that for more custom playlists or mutiple ones you have to use your computer with iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.