Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammyvine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
I was just wondering that i have noticed my iphone music distorting a little, especially the bass heavy songs.

Nearly all my songs are from the itunes store so they are 256 kbps. I do have the volume raised all the way to the max (i did that by going to ''get info'' and then raising the volume)

Does that make the music sound worse? Is yes what level should i leave it at?

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I just bought a new car that has the USB adapter in it so I could link my phone to it. I have always done the same thing as you moving the volume all the way up through iTunes. I was ready to buy new speakers for the car because of the distortion, then I played my Bose headphones the other day and noticed the same distortion. I went into edit, select all, and moved the volume to dead center "normal".

Results.....no more distortion. I am wondering why this just started happening as I have always had the volume at that high level.....good luck.

sammyvine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
I just bought a new car that has the USB adapter in it so I could link my phone to it. I have always done the same thing as you moving the volume all the way up through iTunes. I was ready to buy new speakers for the car because of the distortion, then I played my Bose headphones the other day and noticed the same distortion. I went into edit, select all, and moved the volume to dead center "normal".

Results.....no more distortion. I am wondering why this just started happening as I have always had the volume at that high level.....good luck.

so basically if i move the volume all the way up, it reduces the sound quality?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.