Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
For some odd reason, my iPhone has decided to stop syncing my music library. Whenever I go to sync with iTunes, iTunes keeps defaulting to NOT checking "Sync Music." Each time this happens, I've re-checked it and the memory bar at the bottom fills up with the size of my music library. But once I hit Apply or Sync, the bar goes right back down and none of my music transfers over. This has never happened to me until yesterday and I don't know what the problem is, as I haven't downloaded any updates to either iTunes or my iPhone lately and this just randomly started happening for zero reason.

xMClass

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
California
1.) Do you have enough room for all your music? It won't sync if it's over capacity.

2.) Do you have "manually manage music and videos" checked? Uncheck that if it is.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
1.) Do you have enough room for all your music? It won't sync if it's over capacity.

2.) Do you have "manually manage music and videos" checked? Uncheck that if it is.
1) Definitely not over capacity. My music library is only around 6 gigs and I've got 17 gigs of free space.

2) I've tried it both with manually manage checked and unchecked. Both ways get the same result—no music transfers. At one point it actually showed the music library appearing in the memory bar, but then it just vanished once the sync was finished.

When the sync gets to music, "Determining tracks to sync" appears for like a second, and then disappears and the sync ends.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
But I don't want the iOS to be up-to-date. I update, I lose TetherMe.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
No it doesn't. That's why I jailbroke in the first place. That, and to enable app switching without the home button, since the home button stopped working around six months ago.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
If it were me I'd get that home button repaired for starters.

Your problem is unlikely to fix itself, you're going to have to decide what you want more music or tethering.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
If it were me I'd get that home button repaired for starters.

Your problem is unlikely to fix itself, you're going to have to decide what you want more music or tethering.

That's unfortunate. Might just be time to get a new phone, this is starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Thanks any way.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
That's unfortunate. Might just be time to get a new phone, this is starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Thanks any way.

The 4 is still a very capable phone, you simply need a telco that has a hotspot option for data. Any new iPhone will have 6.xx installed anyway.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
The 4 is still a very capable phone, you simply need a telco that has a hotspot option for data. Any new iPhone will have 6.xx installed anyway.

I know, but my contract is up this month any way, so I might as well take advantage of the deals and upgrade the phone, as well as get a plan that includes tethering. Pity, I was really enjoying not having to pay extra for that through TetherMe.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
It's a free option here in Toronto, Canada for data plans larger than 1GB.

Contact the telco retentions department as end of contract puts the ball in your court.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.