Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Since November I've only done one or 2 FaceTime calls on the mini

But I only use FaceTime like once a week on my iphone

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Only once overseas, when on a learning trip in China, i used my ipad (not mini) to facetime with my parents every night, thanks to the hotel's free wifi.

Otherwise, never. If I need to see my friends, I would simply invite them out for a meal or drink. I do know of a friend whose family is in another country, and he uses his ipad to facetime with his wife and kid every night. :)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have only used FaceTime once on my phone. My fiancee and I tested it when we first got our iPhone4s. I haven't used it on my iPad but I have been using Skype to make video calls to non-Apple using family members lately.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Only with certain family, to be honest. Maybe once or twice a month. Never once used it with friends. I think it's just a little too invasive to be used frequently. There's something comforting about being able to chat without the other person actually seeing your every move.

HoopjeEllende

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Holland
I Facetime regularly with my Grandmother ;) She has an iPad 2 en she is 78 years old. I have a mini. Facetime is so much easier to use than the skype app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.