Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Do you carry it open latch up or open latch down?

I usually carry it latch up, but latch down seems so much... Easier?... I dunno...

Also,unrelated to this topic, does anybody find it a bit tricky to type on the MBP keyboard sometimes?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I like the latch size, since the vent side has sharp corners; also I'd rather just keep my lid shut.

DDar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I carry it in a sleeve

When it is closed, it is rather tricky. :)
Lol, you know what I mean. :p

I'm just asking because sometimes I'll tap a key too "lightly" and it won't read... I'm sure I'll get used to it, but maybe it's just MY writing style. :p

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
I carry it hinge up.

I have trouble typing too sometimes on my MBP, but that's maybe because of the zCover silicone keyboard cover I have on my keyboard :confused:

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Ever since the hinges brew out in my G3, I always put the hinges up in the bag. I think it puts the least amount of pressure on the hinges.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Hinge down and closed when I carry it from desk to desk; in a briefcase when it is being transported anywhere else.
Cheers

I carry it hinge down in a notebook case, and as for the typing it was a little hard at first but now it's super easy in fact almost too easy!
I have a silicone cover on the keyboard as well

that1guyy

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2011
If I buy an overpriced computer like a macbook pro, I should be able to put it into my bag in any orientation without having to worry about things breaking.

Mdwall

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Usually with latch up when around the house. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but I did buy one of those snazzy Picaso Lab sleeves and I have a backpack as well.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
"Never trust a computer that you can't pickup"

I just chuck it into the next room. Or kick it across the carpet. Works fine. (Kidding)

I guess I've never really paid attention to how I carry it. Often though, it's in a leather bag over my shoulder. Otherwise, I just grab it. Dunno, whatever feels good!

The only thing I'm really OCDish on is my pockets. Cellphone, upside down (so you reach in and grab it and are holding it in the proper orientation, i.e. dock connector faces up) in my right front pocket, keys left front pocket, wallet back right pocket. If any of those items are missing, or in the wrong pocket.. it just ain't right!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.