Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miguelcoma

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2012
Ordered December 1st, (Spain). Shipped today, preparing since yesterday. Will arrive before 1/18/2013

Embraer

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
My UPS label was raised on the 28th Dec, still nothing but I have the feeling that the tracking number I have is for the 3 items I've ordered which included a Bose Companion 5 & a Twelve South Backpack to site my SuperDrive on. Can I assume that everything is going to merge quite close to the UK as my expected delivery date is the 7th?

Embraer

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
Hm, bizarrely had 2 tracking numbers, put the second one in and it shows delivery Monday, result - happy bunny :)

aircub

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
What sort of lead times are people getting now if they ordered today.

I ask as I'm going on holiday 14-23 January and want to order so it arrives when I'm back.

Griffinjar

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
USP number works a treat. Delivery Monday.

After weeks if waiting and being off work for the holidays we are both back at work on Monday!!!

Luckly the wife is off Tuesday so a little extra 24 hours won't hurt!

Expo was a great website for tracking the flight. Waiting for a UPS number was a little frustrating. The data now is top notch. Funnily enough it looks like the Apple estimate was close to bang on.

It's been a real lesson in patience!!

Ill fill in the spreadsheet when it arrives and if its in perfect condition I'll be signing out of this thread.

Good luck to all.

Never leave a man behind (until you get your new mac that is.... Then you run home and play!!)

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
Does the UPS tracking number come on yet another progress e-mail from Apple ?

I've tracked mine as far as London Heathrow using Expeditors...wondering what I do next.

Woody72

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Does the UPS tracking number come on yet another progress e-mail from Apple ?

I've tracked mine as far as London Heathrow using Expeditors...wondering what I do next.

The UPS tracking should be already shown on the Apple Order status page. UPS have had my shipping label raised since 28/12/2012 and it was shipped on 31/12/2012, arrived in London several days ago and was handed over to the 'carrier' on the same day. However, since then it's disappeared - it's being merged in transit with something else (I ordered applecare but that has arrived in an envelope yesterday so have no idea what is being merged) and until it has merged with the mystery object I won't be able to track it. UPS are still waiting to be given the iMac. So who has got it???? Supposed to be delivered tomorrow, still got my fingers crossed but got a nagging doubt that it won't happen. My delivery estimate was 31/12/2012 to 07/01/2012 so could still happen within that window.

Bit strange through, because looking at the spreadsheet it appears that orders that left China a day or two after mine have already been delivered!

digitalfailure

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Grockel, I didn't notice the change in the apple order tracking screen at first, but it changed in the center area to say ups with a long tracking number which started with 1w

I followed the tracking number from London to tamworth and tamworth to deeside where it's not moved since.

At the bottom of the screen though are two other tracking numbers, one is for a 14 kilo package which I presume is the mac and the other is just 0.2 kg which I'm thinking is the apple care package and my TB->FW connector.

Although both are scheduled for delivery on 7/1 the smaller package is still showing as being in tamworth.

Woody72

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Grockel, I didn't notice the change in the apple order tracking screen at first, but it changed in the center area to say ups with a long tracking number which started with 1w

I followed the tracking number from London to tamworth and tamworth to deeside where it's not moved since.

At the bottom of the screen though are two other tracking numbers, one is for a 14 kilo package which I presume is the mac and the other is just 0.2 kg which I'm thinking is the apple care package and my TB->FW connector.

Although both are scheduled for delivery on 7/1 the smaller package is still showing as being in tamworth.

I've been tracking on the UPS website using the Tracking number from the Apple tracking screen - mine starts with 1Z though. Has always (and still is) saying "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". Worried now that UPS don't have it.

captjon

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
I've been tracking on the UPS website using the Tracking number from the Apple tracking screen - mine starts with 1Z though. Has always (and still is) saying "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". Worried now that UPS don't have it.

Is there a second UPS code? Mine has two. The first one gave the same info yours does, but the second one works. They'll be delivering it tomorrow.

vb2111

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013

I have the same on my 3 packages - Superdrive and Apple Care.

I did receive my Apple Care Certificate yesterday, bit disappointed - runs out 30 December 2015, but I don't have the machine yet.

digitalfailure

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
My ups tracking codes are 1z, made a typo earlier :eek:

Vb2111

I sent an email to apple customer services about this and was told to call AppleCare when the machine arrives. Was a bit annoyed that you can't email AppleCare as I wanted something in writing to confirm the dates of expiry etc.

I'm not too happy to be losing a months cover when it's due to apple not having stock!

Woody72

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Is there a second UPS code? Mine has two. The first one gave the same info yours does, but the second one works. They'll be delivering it tomorrow.

When I put the first UPS code in it tracked 2 packages - I assumed (wrongly!) that it would be the same 2 codes from the Apple tracking page. Anyway, put the second code in and got all the tracking info - being delivered tomorrow!! Cant wait.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Does anyone have the following tracking for delivery tomorrow, the 7th of Jan 2013

Koeln, Germany 06/01/2013 20:39 Import Scan
06/01/2013 17:04 Arrival Scan
Almaty, Kazakhstan 06/01/2013 15:14 Departure Scan
06/01/2013 13:42 Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 06/01/2013 9:54 Departure Scan
06/01/2013 5:45 Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 06/01/2013 2:49 Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 04/01/2013 21:39 Export Scan
04/01/2013 20:30 Arrival Scan
04/01/2013 18:00 Departure Scan
04/01/2013 12:55 Origin Scan
China 04/01/2013 23:30 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
iMac dispatch/delivery

Hi everyone,

I wanted to order one of the new iMac's but i saw that the dispatch date simply says "January" for the 27" (the one i want to order) are there no specific times like 7-10 days? also i wanted the Saturday delivery option but noticed it wasn't there. Does anyone know is this option has been removed for us in the UK?

The reason i'm so concerned about delivery dates is because i'm a university student and the only days i can be at home all day is on a Saturday. Should i wait for the backlog to die down or just order one and hope for the best?

Thank you

PS. Sorry if i've posted in the wrong area i'm new to the forum :)

BfcMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

I wanted to order one of the new iMac's but i saw that the dispatch date simply says "January" for the 27" (the one i want to order) are there no specific times like 7-10 days? also i wanted the Saturday delivery option but noticed it wasn't there. Does anyone know is this option has been removed for us in the UK?

The reason i'm so concerned about delivery dates is because i'm a university student and the only days i can be at home all day is on a Saturday. Should i wait for the backlog to die down or just order one and hope for the best?

Thank you

If you miss delivery, you just arrange to re-deliver or collect from Ups depo. Saturday delivery is not included in standard shipping!
My iMac is sitting in local depo since Friday, as I did not pay for Saturday delivery, sometime Monday is all it says on my tracking info.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Thanks for replying,

If Saturday delivery is not available in standard delivery is there a way to get it? Or do the iMacs only have standard shipping? Im planning on ordering a 27" tomorrow. I was a little put off mainly because it just says January for dispatch, where as the 21.5 inch says 7-10 days.

Thanks

Griffinjar

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

I wanted to order one of the new iMac's but i

saw that the dispatch date simply says "January" for the 27" (the one i want to order) are there no specific times like 7-10 days? also i wanted the Saturday delivery option but noticed it wasn't there. Does anyone know is this option has been removed for us in the UK?

Thank you

I'm not sure about the Saturday thing but my advice is to order now because dying down will take as long as you will be waiting for one to ship anyway.

Order with the fusion drive. Without is just a waste of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.