Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Should I contact a genius and get a replaced unit?

It's the swiping diagonally part that irritates me.

I did a complete restore still the same .

I'm going to install geekbench 2.0 and see if its hardware failure.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I think this dude is trolling us. Nobody would really get this worked up over a flaw that would never come up in normal circumstances.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I think this dude is trolling us. Nobody would really get this worked up over a flaw that would never come up in normal circumstances.

I can assure you I'm not trolling.

I got a replacement due to rattling noise and now I'm worried about this unit that I got because it came alone in a box , pointing my suspicions towards that the phone I got is a repaired phone ( maybe dropped I'm the ground before but that they fixed the "look".) I don't know.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon

If you have Parkinson's and need to scroll the page like that to read then yes get it replaced.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I got a replacement due to rattling noise

Another non-defect, by the way.

----------

now I'm worried about this unit that I got because it came alone in a box , pointing my suspicions towards that the phone I got is a repaired phone ( maybe dropped I'm the ground before but that they fixed the "look".) I don't know.

EVERY replacement you're going to get from this point forward is going to be "alone in a box." That's how Apple does replacements. Been that way since at least the iPhone 3G.

And even if they just "fixed the look" of a dropped phone, then chances are the screen was cracked meaning they had to replaced the screen, which has the digitizer built into it. So the screen and touch interface would be a totally new component.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Don't the nit-pickers have anything better to do than try to be the discoverer of some unique and useless perceived device flaw?

It's the holidays. Go out and DO something.

soapbox_zps1934403c.gif

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

Mine stops responding every 3-5 seconds when doing that in Safari. The odd thing is Fruit Ninja (about the only app I could see where you would want to do that) doesn't have that problem at all.

OP, you're being obscenely OCD. Put the phone down and walk away for a while.

zefff

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Mine has started to freeze for a second or two only when swiping between home screens. It will sometimes freeze during the transition of swiping from right to left, so that I can see a row of icons from the previous screen until it "unfreezes" a second or two later, then vice versa getting back to my main home screen. Haven't tried to do anything about yet, as it's not a big deal, but if it happens more frequently, I'll have to try something.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
No problems here, i heard in iOS 6.1 its going to make the iphone 5 even faster and fix some inconsistencies found in iOS

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
No you're doing it wrong . Swipe as fast as you can in a page in safari , up and down. It will stop responding to your touch after 10 sec.

This happens to ALL iphone 5's , trust me.

First, why would this ever affect anyone in real use?

Second, I don't just trust anecdotal evidence when the overwhelming response from users is that they don't experience it.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I love it how you guys havent even read through my responses in this thread. You read the threadstart.

I can assure you, 100% that you will get the freeze when scrolling fast sides to sides or up and down.

Nope. Tried it when I first about the problem and tried it just now. Up and down and diagonally. No point in side to side because I'm never going to do that......ever. The only time it stutters is when my finger accidentally moves past the screen and I accidentally bring down the notifications bar. I'm on 6.0.2 with an iPhone 5.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I love it how you guys havent even read through my responses in this thread. You read the threadstart.

I can assure you, 100% that you will get the freeze when scrolling fast sides to sides or up and down.

Who uses their device like that??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.