Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
I've got six free invites to the Dota 2 beta if anyone is interested. I'd rather give these to someone who is a fan or has a long term interest in the game, because its not something you just do casually. There's a high learning curve, but its tons of fun. It was easy for me to hop in because I've been playing Heroes of Newerth for about 3 years and its very similar. If you are a League of Legends player its quite different. Despite what I said about being a fan or long term interest, I invite anyone to message me for a key to check it out. You can play bot matches if you don't want to get raged at for being a newbie in regular games.

I'm posting it here because the beta is Windows only at the moment, but when the game is out properly its supposed to be Steamplay and also free to play. I've put in about 180 hours into the beta so far, and it is really really fun. So If anyone wants the invite, just let me know here and we can connect on Steam.

My Steam ID: the_great_wumpus

LxNguy3n

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
Denver
Ahhh I want one!

If you still have one available, I would love one! Dota & HON fan here. My steam acct is not fully set up yet, and I'm at work lol. Any way you can private message me it or to my email? Thanks!

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
The invite has to be done through steam directly, so we'll have to do it there. And yes, I still have 6 available, so you can get one. Just let me know later. I should be around. :)

Sluggyman

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
The invite has to be done through steam directly, so we'll have to do it there. And yes, I still have 6 available, so you can get one. Just let me know later. I should be around. :)

Hi! I've been looking at this game for a while now. If you still have one would really appreciate it! :D

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
I've still got 3 invites available. The other 3 are pending for the 3 people who posted here.

I replied to my PM's, but I can't tell if they actually sent. My sent folder contains no items, so I can't say.

Basically I need your Steam ID, or add me, the_great_wumpus so we can message/trade the invite. I've added wiregen, but he's offline.

LxNguy3n

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
Denver
Just added you to steam under lxnguy3n. Sorry I'm not familiar with the steam system lol. Got an acct just for this!

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Great, all set there.

I still have 2 free invites for whoever is interested. Same process applies.

Wiregen you haven't been on steam in 18 hours. You have to add me as a friend before we can trade or I can gift you the invite.

cormo`

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
Munich
Hey People,

just signed in to the Forum after reading for about a year :)

I also got 5 more Invites to give away. PM me your Steam Profile or e-mail address an i will send one to you.

Greetz
Simon

Last edited:

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Hi Dekard, I added you, but you're offline. Will give you an invite next time you're on. Just look for Ripper.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
All these random people keep adding me on steam..but are never online. I'm assuming its for the invite, but its no good unless they are on to trade, or accept my request.

As it stands I still have TWO invites to give out. If you're going to do this, kindly be online in Steam so I can actually give you the invite

Nickuk77

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
London, UK
H there!

I sent you an invitation on steam(user: comy32). If you still have that 2 codes for DOTA2 can I please have one?! Thank you very much!

Edit: Thank you very much for the code. I was really lucky to get the last one...:)

Last edited:

Bradon42

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
If you still have one let me know. I friggin love Dota. Thank you my email is Brandeno41@live.com I would very much appreciate a code

Last edited:

ag.meow

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Hey bros I really love moba games,i am a huge fan of dota and LoL. I really want to play this game. If you still have one dota 2 invite please tell me how'd i get it. My email is space2497@yahoo.com and my steam name is ag_meow. Thanks

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I have a load of codes as well if anyone one wants one when the OP runs out, I have already given them to friends and anyone that I can find so now have plenty spare copies of the game in my steam giftbox.

pinholestars

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I have a load of codes as well if anyone one wants one when the OP runs out, I have already given them to friends and anyone that I can find so now have plenty spare copies of the game in my steam giftbox.

I would love one, if you can spare one. I'm just starting to get into the whole moba thing. Steam name: chandosx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.