Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Would you like the design? Looks refreshingly different though. You can paste in this thread whenever you stumble upon any rumored designs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357458329.442228.jpg

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Prepare to be flamed. Why in the world would u make the icons circular in shape?!!!!!! And yea, it looks like all u did was photo shop some weird user interface onto a Nokia lumia. But if this is your first time making an attempt at something like this because you were curious, GREAT JOB!! But keep practicing.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Better but I still don't like it at all. I'd rather the iPhone stayed the same.

Is there still room to keep same design and keep up to people's expectations of a groundbreaking iPhone evolution in the midst of overwhelming competition?

Last edited:

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
But if they don't do they are slowly sliding into oblivion don't you think?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
The problem is that some people are looking for another 07 when the iPhone was first introduced. They miss that jaw dropping, wow factor excitement that went along with it. And every time rumors start popping up about the next iPhone, I see a ton of crazy wants & expectations. And then when they don't happen, everyone cries and says apple is terrible. But the truth is..Those days are over for now. The cell phone industry is going to stay right where it is, right now, for at least another decade. There will be innovations along the way, but nothing like in 07. Look at televisions..Remember back when flat panels started to come out? I remember staring at a $8000, 40" plasma and being totally blown away. It was a HUGE revolution. But look now…All these years later. Yes they have gotten thinner and prettier. But the overall design hasn't changed all that much. And it's still going to be a LONG while before we have a revolution in TVs like we did when the flat panel was first introduced. Kinda the same thing with smartphones. They will get better and they will get faster. Displays will get crisper, cameras will get sharper, glass will get stronger. etc, etc. Design will also change along the way as well. But only slightly. So get used to it. If you're bored with the design at this point, you're in big trouble.
The software side is where you're going to see the big innovation for the next couple years.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
I think it is funny when looking at concept models because the majority of them cannot even be made due to limitations on the manufacturing process.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The first one doesn't even make sense. Why would Apple make iOS look more like OS X? :confused:

tomjleeds

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Manchester, UK
People who want a revolution every few years are living in a dream world.

I rather suspect that many have been fooled by the rise of the smartphone, and just a few years later the rise of the tablet, into thinking that such events are normal.

They will be so disappointed.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I rather suspect that many have been fooled by the rise of the smartphone, and just a few years later the rise of the tablet, into thinking that such events are normal.

They will be so disappointed.

I think wearable computing devices (glasses, watches, etc) will gain some popularity in the coming years, but I agree for the most part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.