Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Call all of them before you go out. I would be surprised if you didn't find it. I did get the 27", 1TB fusion, 680MX for $2599 at the store.

I am leaving to check my closest store in a bit, wife needs to go to Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma anyway which are side by side with the Apple Store... she gets her fix I get mine :).

If they don't have it in stock or carry it I can have them check the other local stores while I'm there.
My usual store is good about checking with all of the others if I go in to buy something and they don't have it.

That is assuring to know that people are actually finding the higher end models in stock. Maybe today will be the day.

clstroud

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I just got back from checking my local Apple stores...

I got mixed responses from reps, most interesting of them being that "we don't carry Fusion Drive models in-store". The bottom line was that all iMacs of all sizes were out of stock and that I should call back every day to check for new inventory. They even showed me on their EasyPay units.

I did notice that the "max" base model on the iPad menu was the exact model I was looking for, so I would presume that they would get those in stock in the near future. I wonder why that model isn't also a base configuration on the Apple Store site?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I just got back from checking my local Apple stores...

I got mixed responses from reps, most interesting of them being that "we don't carry Fusion Drive models in-store". The bottom line was that all iMacs of all sizes were out of stock and that I should call back every day to check for new inventory. They even showed me on their EasyPay units.

I did notice that the "max" base model on the iPad menu was the exact model I was looking for, so I would presume that they would get those in stock in the near future. I wonder why that model isn't also a base configuration on the Apple Store site?

Some of the popular CTO machines are stocked in stores. The "popular/ships fast" configurations are actually pre-built units, which are also stocked in some stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.