Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
What is the best app that will let me read news from multiple sites on my iPhone?

For example, I want to read posts from CNET, MacRumors and The Verge. What is the best app for this?

bun.bhay

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2011
Seatown
i like using feeddler. use it everyday to keep up with latest news update. not too flashy, pretty simple interface.

sh0vel

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
If you use Google Reader, then try Reeder. Newsify is also good (and free).

You can also try Newsblur.

russell1256

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
I use IReadG (they have a free version), I subscribe to newspapers and news sites through google reader, works great, and it's the best RSS reader I've found.

revolvrocelot

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Pulse is amazing. There was a recent revamp on the already great UI and its phenomenal and simple. You even have a Favorites screen where you can save articles and stuff. You can sync between devices as well as the web app all with your pulse.me account.

tudyniuz

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Amsterdam
I've been using Pulse for almost a year, but I'm bored of it. I'm also looking for something that has the same feeds as Pulse.

Chataupiano

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Others have mentioned Flipboard, which, I agree, is a very good app for what it does. Second best is probably News Republic. Both free and customizable. Check them out to see which one you are more comfortable with.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Reeder is my current go-to RSS reader, but the recently-released and currently-unknown Mocha RSS Reader is also quite nice (though you can tell it "took inspiration" from Reeder).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.