Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Well this sucks.
cioJv.png

Gotta love Sprint -.-

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
Lmao I don't understand how sprint survives as a company with these speeds. There's either too many college students or just a ton of cheap people. I say cheap and not broke because if you're broke you should not own a iPhone.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Unfortunately, where I am, coverage is pathetic. Those speeds are with an Airwave, which is supposed to increase coverage. (facepalm)

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
What's with all the whiny Sprint threads lately??? Seriously, they SUCK!!! That's why their prices are cheap.

I never understood why anyone would even consider them, coverage or not. When you have coverage the speeds suck and I've heard calls suck too.

Verizon and AT&T have the capacity to handle the iPhone, Sprint does not.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
What's with all the whiny Sprint threads lately??? Seriously, they SUCK!!! That's why their prices are cheap.

I never understood why anyone would even consider them, coverage or not. When you have coverage the speeds suck and I've heard calls suck too.

Verizon and AT&T have the capacity to handle the iPhone, Sprint does not.

Cause of their "simply everything" plan. My parents have been with them for 15+ years. I keep telling them to go to Verizon -.-

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, but I feel sorry for you when you step outside an LTE area. I enjoy download speeds between 9-10 Mbps down on AT&T 3G. ;)

I feel sorry for you being on ATT. I don't go outside the LTE. So far I've yet to be outside of Verizon's LTE service area.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Lmao I don't understand how sprint survives as a company with these speeds. There's either too many college students or just a ton of cheap people. I say cheap and not broke because if you're broke you should not own a iPhone.

Nice to see I'm not the only one thinking this. :)

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Same area on AT&T:

423980779.png

----------

Right now, Softbank's huge investment is what's keeping them afloat. Between the failed Nextel merger and their flip-flopping on 4G technology (WiMax vs LTE), it's a miracle they've survived this long. But Softbank wants a toehold on the US market, and Sprint was an easy target.

I was a customer for 8 years, and dumped them when they merged with Nextel. I knew that was a bad deal from the get-go.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
My home broadband (Wired) connection sits around 0.5mb so I am used to those types of speeds :D

Though 3G is naturally a lot faster hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.