Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
Hi, I am a new iPad developer. And I am also new in this forum. Is any other app developer in this forum??? I post here because I don't see any developer section. If I am in the wrong place please redirect me. And I really need some help now. I need a good marketing strategy. Our team is not that big and we don't have enough financial strength to hire any marketing agency. Please give me some suggestion. :confused:

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
There is a forum for programming here: MacRumors Forums -> Apple Systems and Services > Programming -> iPhone/iPad Programming

I'm a developer, but have nothing to do with marketing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ios is very helpful: lots of good answers to lots of common and obscure technical questions.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
To market your app, you need to put it in front of your target audience.

Though this might sound simple, it is the key to success.

If your app is for dentists, advertise in their professional journal, for musicians, in the magazines that dominate their reading.

If you have written yet another generic game, you need to decide who your audience is and what they see on a daily basis. Perhaps you need to buy ads inside other apps they use....but you need to get your app in front of your customer to generate sales.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
There is a forum for programming here: MacRumors Forums -> Apple Systems and Services > Programming -> iPhone/iPad Programming

I'm a developer, but have nothing to do with marketing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ios is very helpful: lots of good answers to lots of common and obscure technical questions.

Well, then you are lucky. By the way I forget to mention that I am an indie developer and I have to do a lot of work by my own, designing, marketing and all other kind of stuff. By the way Even I have to play my own game if it don't get any sell. Thank you any way :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.