Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpc12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
I'm at Disney with the family. Camera was working perfect. Accidentally dropped the phone on a carpeted floor.

No damage at all to the phone.

Now the camera can no longer focus. All photos are blurry.

Tried a hard reset tried leaving it off for a while.

Could not have happened at a worse time.

Any one have any ideas for a fix ?

Ill be going to the apple store when I get back but kinda screwed until then.

Please HELP !!!!

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
The drop probably caused an issue with the hardware. If you go to the Apple store, and tell them you dropped it and then started having blurry photos, then they may charge you $150-$200, if you don't have AppleCare+. Now on the other hand if you don't recall dropping it or anything, and started having blurry photos, they may replace it for free.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
The drop probably caused an issue with the hardware. If you go to the Apple store, and tell them you dropped it and then started having blurry photos, then they may charge you $150-$200, if you don't have AppleCare+. Now on the other hand if you don't recall dropping it or anything, and started having blurry photos, they may replace it for free.

Read between the lines.

duhyes

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
I'm at Disney with the family. Camera was working perfect. Accidentally dropped the phone on a carpeted floor.

No damage at all to the phone.

Now the camera can no longer focus. All photos are blurry.

Tried a hard reset tried leaving it off for a while.

Could not have happened at a worse time.

Any one have any ideas for a fix ?

Ill be going to the apple store when I get back but kinda screwed until then.

Please HELP !!!!

Can you take a picture with the iphone and send it to me i want to see thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.