Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Can anyone recommend me the best beats by dr.dre (yes only beats) Preferably Bluetooth enable with deepest bass possible. Thanks in advance.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Dr.dre is not a brand. Beats audio is and is one of the pioneers in sound industry for your information.

Gaak, Monster is all about branding, same with Beats. (They were the same a till late 2012)

Just buy whichever one looks the best to you. It's no different than buying whatever shoes or jacket that's currently popular.

Has to be a teenager problem.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
/thread.
image.jpg

VeridisQuo

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Gaak, Monster is all about branding, same with Beats. (They were the same a till late 2012)

Just buy whichever one looks the best to you. It's no different than buying whatever shoes or jacket that's currently popular.

Has to be a teenager problem.

Careful bashing someone for buying something at a premium price with good looks when they can buy the same hardware for much less, in a iMac forum :rolleyes:

I kid though, and will agree with the AT-M50 recommendation over beats

Eric Best

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
There are a lot of headphones out there, most of which I haven't tried. Based on reputation, I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s. Very comfortable and the music is very listenable. Many headphones leave me feeling fatigued after a time. These don't, or at least, not for a long, long time.

Liffey

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Just don't buy Beats.
I've got Senns for the same price that sound a lot better and I'm sure that there are plenty of other alternatives.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal

thetacoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
Connecticut
Grados!!

What are you looking for in a headphone?

If you're looking for great sound-quality, there are much better headphones for the price. For the same price, you could get the Grado SR225i headphones...which are probably one of the other best-bang-for-buck headphones. It's not that Beats sound bad...they just sound like a $50 headphone. Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, and other companies also make headphones in a similar price range that are admirable (Head-Fi is a great place to look for reviews–it's an audio forum).

If you're paying for good looks, the Beats may be your bet. But I find it pretty ridiculous to shell out $200 for those, when you can find much better-sounding cans for much less.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Damn people can't read I swear. I clearly asked for beats recommending. Did not include my own reasons buying them which is more important than anything. I also have Internet. I also own serval pairs worth over $200 each. Instead of being 'all that' just answer to the question I asked or remain quite keeping your ego still..

Last edited:

pukingpixels

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Sweden
Get the Beats Pro. They sound the best even though they sound like **** compare to most cans in the same price range.

But if bass is all you're going for then by all means, buy Beats.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Get the Beats Pro. They sound the best even though they sound like **** compare to most cans in the same price range.

But if bass is all you're going for then by all means, buy Beats.

One solid fella outta here. Thanks!

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Damn people can't read I swear. I clearly asked for beats recommending. Did not include my own reasons buying them which is more important than anything. I also have Internet. I also own serval pairs worth over $200 each. Instead of being 'all that' just answer to the question I asked or remain quite keeping your ego still..

I read your OP but i cant recommend beats without at least advising another brand that is better. If you do infact own several pairs of expensive cans why are you asking such a simple question as it is clear the pro's are the flagship beats? No need to be rude or you will find little help on these forums from me at least.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
I read your OP but i cant recommend beats without at least advising another brand that is better. No need to be rude or you will find little help on these forums from me at least.

I've done my homework about other brands. Don't be offended putting blame on me for my input. Instead keep it simple and just answer to the question asked. Simple!

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Get the Pros they're REALLY expensive though, I know it's a nice brand but you can get something incredible for the same price, Quiet Comfort Bose 15's.... They're amazing if you're on a plane.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
If you prefer Bluetooth enabled headphones from Beats then there is only one, Beats Wireless. I own one of these pairs and they are quite good, but not great. I initially purchased this for the Wireless feature yet was later disappointed to find out a more affordable and somewhat stylish wireless headphones was available in the market, THIS.

Otherwise, if you want a beautiful and unique design of headphones mixed with true fidelity of music then I would recommend Monster's DNA headphones, if anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.