Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I had no idea about this with the coverage Bush is getting. Maybe I'm watching the wrong news. RIP Stormin' Norman.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
A friend of my Dad's whose husband served with Norman, said he was little more than a bully to his troops. Don't know anything else about him other than that he seems to be the last of his breed.

Last edited:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MOD NOTE: Please keep PRSI issues out of it lest the thread end up over there. If you have something political to say about it open your own thread in PRSI please.

B

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A friend of my Dad's whose husband served with Norman, said he was little more than a bully to his troops. Don't know anything else about him other than that he seems to be the last of his breed.

Hmm. Hadn't known that. Disappointing but not terribly surprising.

I do, however, remember a number of the rather complimentary profiles - many of which were little more than puff pieces - which were penned at the time. Indeed, I also seem to recall that his name was floated - ever so briefly - as a possible Republican candidate for the Presidency, though he himself was quick to quash that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.