Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Many thanks:)

Its a wonderful screensaver, my 5yr old son has a fascination with space and this screensaver amazes him. It also helps us both to learn the names of planets and how they orbit each other. Brilliant:)

n A R s

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Sir can i have one more code?my niece accidentally erase all my messages in my email..here's my email again..smack1326@yahoo.com

thanks in advance.!

drubie

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2011

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I have just downloaded it and it looks amazing! Nice graphics, plenty of option to make it look different.

On a side note though: if i have the sound on and put my imac to sleep the sound stays on...!?

But other than that: Brilliant!

Samadams12

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
I'm not very impressed... The sun is gorgeous, the moons and planets look a bit clunky. I have it on highest settings, I have 16 gigs worth of RAM so no problems there, but the planets and moons need more details or higher res. :confused:

AstroAl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I'm not very impressed... The sun is gorgeous, the moons and planets look a bit clunky. I have it on highest settings, I have 16 gigs worth of RAM so no problems there, but the planets and moons need more details or higher res. :confused:

Thanks for your feedback! we need it much.

1. We can use better textures (requires more memory).
2. What else should be improved?

Suggestions/improvements are very welcome!

ronzalonis

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Wonderful Looking App

If you still have promo codes available I would love to look at this in more detail and provide whatever feedback I can.

:apple:

midnightvii

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
CA
I have it on my desktop 2 days now, friends love it. I really like it too. Always want to have some animation on desktop for wallpaper.

I wish that the focus planet is a bit bigger or even better, MUCH BIGGER!!, so you are not necessary see everything all at once. i think it would be more dramatic that way, I don't care much for the music, (I have it turn off). On my screen, not sure if it has something to do with video card or memory, but I can see the box around some planets... Alpha channel box. i think. I am using OSX 10.7.5 late 2008 iMac 24" with 4 gigs of ram. Never try anti-alias, so i can't comment on that.

over all I really like it as-is. With a minor fix on the memory usage or rendering, maybe? to address the problem with older Mac like mine with alpha channel box around the planets.

Awesome work! I am glad I ask you for it. Thank you!!

AstroAl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I have it on my desktop 2 days now, friends love it. I really like it too. Always want to have some animation on desktop for wallpaper.

I wish that the focus planet is a bit bigger or even better, MUCH BIGGER!!, so you are not necessary see everything all at once. i think it would be more dramatic that way, I don't care much for the music, (I have it turn off). On my screen, not sure if it has something to do with video card or memory, but I can see the box around some planets... Alpha channel box. i think. I am using OSX 10.7.5 late 2008 iMac 24" with 4 gigs of ram. Never try anti-alias, so i can't comment on that.

over all I really like it as-is. With a minor fix on the memory usage or rendering, maybe? to address the problem with older Mac like mine with alpha channel box around the planets.

Awesome work! I am glad I ask you for it. Thank you!!

midnightvii,
Thanks a lot for your comments! Could you please publish a screenshot with artifacts? We will try to get it fixed. + a new release gives us more promo codes :)

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! we need it much.

1. We can use better textures (requires more memory).
2. What else should be improved?

Suggestions/improvements are very welcome!

As I mentioned above the sound stays on when the mac goes to sleep. Can this be stopped, or is this me?

Redwyvern

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
Yonkers, NY
Stunning wallpaper

Thank you so much for the code.
I've been running this for a day now, and I must say that I'm very impressed. As others have said, I've also turned off the music, don't think it needs it.

The only problems I've seen is that after putting my macbook to sleep, when I wake it, sometimes the wallpaper is frozen. This is on a MBPr running under power.

The other issue which is bigger, is that after being on for several hours, the planets seem to loose their shape and appear to be squished out. Not all of the planets, but a few of them. If that can be sorted out, it would be wonderful.

Thanks again!

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Thank you so much for the code.
I've been running this for a day now, and I must say that I'm very impressed. As others have said, I've also turned off the music, don't think it needs it.

The only problems I've seen is that after putting my macbook to sleep, when I wake it, sometimes the wallpaper is frozen. This is on a MBPr running under power.

The other issue which is bigger, is that after being on for several hours, the planets seem to loose their shape and appear to be squished out. Not all of the planets, but a few of them. If that can be sorted out, it would be wonderful.

Thanks again!

I have realised the misshaped planets last night as well ...

midnightvii

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
CA
Here are some of the screenshot I took. As you can see, some of the stars has the alpha channel visible and it animated in and out of it.

ScreenShot2013-01-09at32802PM_zpsa410d615.png

ScreenShot2013-01-09at32733PM_zpsd1d043d1.png

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I figured out what's wrong with the planets and asteroid belt... They aren't realistic. No cloud cover, too bright.

Too bad, otherwise it's beautiful. As it stands now though, for me it's unusable.

:(

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Mine keeps freezing up on me. When I try to click on the preferences icon I just get the spinning beach ball. Its also taking up 100% on Activity Monitor so I have to keep quitting it. Great app otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.