Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
So I'm wondering what font / style would I want to use if I want to have the same type text just say my name?

Aka instead of it saying AT&T it would just say "Dan"

Anyone know?

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Can I get this done please, thanks

White Version

EDIT:

ADDED White etched too! I literally played around with GIMP for 5 mins and figured it out!

Attachments

• iOS-6_WHITE.png
    iOS-6_WHITE.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,671
  • iOS-6_WHITE_SHADOW.png
    iOS-6_WHITE_SHADOW.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,819
Last edited:

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Thanks! What about when the logo must be blue or black? Does it automatically color it, or how does that all work?

----------

Hmm, I didn't notice, but does iOS 6 ever even have different colored text in menu bars like before?

The logo will stay white, but the etched version is for the Notification center. That's where I got confused when this stuff got started. I thought we needed black text for light colored status bars, but I guess that never happens in iOS.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
Can someone make this Superman logo into the correct size? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Superman Cut.jpg
    Superman Cut.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 224

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Made this one but puts theses colored bars next to it but only in the mail app. Any guesses.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357563099.151031.jpg

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
So I'm wondering what font / style would I want to use if I want to have the same type text just say my name?

Aka instead of it saying AT&T it would just say "Dan"

Anyone know?

Should be "Helvetica". I forgot what size it should be though.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
How do you do the etched image? Racking my brains trying to find it!

Eh? You make a new layer and fill it with the color black. Make sure it only fills the actual say, logo only and not the entire canvas. Then, all you gotta do is make sure that layer is below (or behind) the first layer (original logo) and bring it down by two pixels. Finally, you can either bring down its transparency to about 75% or you can do a gaussian blur of about a pixel or so and bring down its transparency to about 80%.

FlexPen76

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Eh? You make a new layer and fill it with the color black. Make sure it only fills the actual say, logo only and not the entire canvas. Then, all you gotta do is make sure that layer is below (or behind) the first layer (original logo) and bring it down by two pixels. Finally, you can either bring down its transparency to about 75% or you can do a gaussian blur of about a pixel or so and bring down its transparency to about 80%.

Thanks!

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
On the last picture it just looks weird.

How so? The letters have a shadow below them just like the other indicators in the status bar. Don't see how it's weird... other than the fact that we are putting images that were never intended to be there in the first place... and that's the goal... to make our phones unique and different.

----------

Or you can just do this... it's faster. ;)

Be sure to do all of your editing before doing the shadow (etching). Transparency, cropping, etc. Also leave enough room at the bottom for your shadow.

See the images for my recommended numbers.

e9cehl.jpg

&

spupax.jpg

gets you:
attachment.php

EDIT: NOTE!!! Please uncheck "Allow resizing."

This is especially important if you are going back and etching logos you already did. If your originals are cropped too close at the bottom, you need to redo it with enough pixels at the bottom for the shadow. The reason I say redo the who thing is because if you allow the Drop shadow to resize, then it will increase the overall canvas to a height higher than 40px. If then resized the image back down to 40px, then when you go to use them on your phone, your etched logo will look smaller than the un-etched version.

In other words, redo your logo completely if you don't have enough room for shadow at the bottom.

Last edited:

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
The logo will stay white, but the etched version is for the Notification center. That's where I got confused when this stuff got started. I thought we needed black text for light colored status bars, but I guess that never happens in iOS.

Any chance of an etched version of the white O2 logo you done for me so I can update my NC icon? Cheers!

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012

Be sure to do all of your editing before doing the shadow (etching). Transparency, cropping, etc. Also leave enough room at the bottom for your shadow.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm using Pixelmator and it doesn't have a drop shadow function that I know of, so you had to do it manually.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
How so? The letters have a shadow below them just like the other indicators in the status bar. Don't see how it's weird... other than the fact that we are putting images that were never intended to be there in the first place... and that's the goal... to make our phones unique and different.

----------

See the images for my recommended numbers.

e9cehl.jpg

&

spupax.jpg

gets you: Image

All Im trying to say is that its not alligned correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.