Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
i don't think you can delete it, but i could be wrong, you probably just hid hard drives from appearing on your desktop

00PS

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
i deleted it off the finder side bar, but it also disappeared off the desktop.

00PS

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
thanx, that works for the finder but what about the desktop? it's not showing up

mellamokit

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
thanx, that works for the finder but what about the desktop? it's not showing up

Maybe it didn't work but I was just checking you knew the Preferences thing in the reply above yours said how to get it back on the desktop as well as the sidebar. :Lhttp://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Maybe it didn't work but I was just checking you knew the Preferences thing in the reply above yours said how to get it back on the desktop as well as the sidebar. :Lhttp://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

2 year old thread and the poster you quoted hasn't been around for over 6 months. What is it with so many first-time posters reviving dead threads as their first (and many times, only) post?

atlanticza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Cape Town
2 year old thread and the poster you quoted hasn't been around for over 6 months. What is it with so many first-time posters reviving dead threads as their first (and many times, only) post?
Maybe it's because the first post date is not that obvious, especially for a newbie.

TheSingerboii

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Deleted logo/symbols

I accidentally deleted a symbol from my finder. it was a silver ball and you would usually see it in Office Word - notebook format. I deleted it off from my finder along with other files and now my Word look very weird and there are random logos which became substitutes for missing logos. What should i do???

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I accidentally deleted a symbol from my finder. it was a silver ball and you would usually see it in Office Word - notebook format. I deleted it off from my finder along with other files and now my Word look very weird and there are random logos which became substitutes for missing logos. What should i do???

Look into the "trash can" and restore from there ... Don't empty the trash !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.