Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The flash version seems to just repeat the same "level" over and over again. It's basically equivalent to playing one of the hundred levels of the iOS version.

I suspect any game with levels would seem boring if you judged it based on a version that only had one level to play over and over.

What happens in the other levels? In the Flash version, each succeeding 'level' just had more dots. I got to 'level' 11 or so, then got bored and stopped playing.

So I'm just trying to figure out how the iOS version is different/more/better

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
What happens in the other levels?

Other gameplay mechanics, things like obstacles, things that limit the way particular circles move, etc. The video doesn't really explain but you can see a few examples (if you can figure out what you're looking at in that).

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Other gameplay mechanics, things like obstacles, things that limit the way particular circles move, etc. The video doesn't really explain but you can see a few examples (if you can figure out what you're looking at in that).

Gotcha, thanks! I will take a look, I just went straight to the Flash game so didn't watch the vid.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I like the design of the game; classic and simple and I bought it even twice for my son and myself (downside of having two accounts :eek:)
It's amazing to see how he is managing some of these level. In some cases even faster then me (he is seven). While some level are easy others require quite some combinatorial thinking and quick handling of finger

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Okay, this might be something I completely missed since the beginning of the game, but there's a second mode of the game much like the flash version of the game where you play a survival mode.

You access this mode when you get the 'pinch' arrows on the top-right/bottom-left of the 10x10 dot grid.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Gotcha, thanks! I will take a look, I just went straight to the Flash game so didn't watch the vid.

It's also worth noting that the game plays very differently with touch controls compared to using the mouse pointer. You can touch and pull away far more quickly than you can shift the pointer. Also, touch allows for multiple contact points at once. In the iOS version you often have to touch two, connected circles at a time, for instance.

rodba

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Simplistic means overly simple, thus a qualitative statement. In what way is the game overly simple, or did you mean that's it's simple, which is possibly a good thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.