Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Still holding onto my 5.1.1 JB until this vaporware hit's the streets.

I wonder if this is (parcially) why Apple is dragging out 6.1. To let the JB community twist in the breeze.

I doubt it. 5.1's final beta dragged on for WEEKS until the Spring when the new iPad's were released. The release is either imminent (6.1) or they're holding off for an iPad release in the Spring, like every prior year. I sincerely don't think Apple holds off on iOS releases for weeks at a time to combat jailbreaking. If they REALLY wanted to crush an exploit, they just have to release 6.1.1.

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
This is good news. I was reading over at the r/jailbreak community and they made some good progress over the weekend! I just bought and rooted a SG3 hahaha. Oh well. I'll keep my i5 now for the time being

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
This is good news. I was reading over at the r/jailbreak community and they made some good progress over the weekend! I just bought and rooted a SG3 hahaha. Oh well. I'll keep my i5 now for the time being
(offtopic)
how are you liking the s3?

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2012
So with the release of 6.1 , will that mean the jailbreak will be around march? Since I think 6.1 is comming out around spring.

Csidata

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
I'm glad at least someone is still working on a jailbreak.

And lol my twitter reply was on the screenshot.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
If memory serves me right, 5.1 went into early beta by the end of December and it was released early March along side with the new iPad. Now let us use common sense. The iPad launch was moved from the spring to the fall, so holding 6.1 until the spring is not a feasible option. By the end of December, the 4th beta of iOS 6.1 was released. iOS 6.1 offers much less content than iOS 5.1 did. Apple stated (you can google it, I don't have a source off the back of my head) that they wanted to release more updates to iOS 6 compared to what they did with iOS 5. Expect iOS 6.1 to be released sometime by the end of January to early February.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Is there a way to help with the jailbreak like there was for iOS 5? I remember something about being able to send in crash reports to the dev team.

Is there anything like that currently setup? Or is it safe to say it's just not needed because there's already a jb and we're just waiting for 6.1?

Thanks.

xTorch

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
Is there a way to help with the jailbreak like there was for iOS 5? I remember something about being able to send in crash reports to the dev team.

Is there anything like that currently setup? Or is it safe to say it's just not needed because there's already a jb and we're just waiting for 6.1?

Thanks.

There's already a JB and we're waiting for 6.1. The only problem is that 6.1 might fix one or more of the bugs that PlanetBeing is using, if that's the case, then the JB will take longer.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
If memory serves me right, 5.1 went into early beta by the end of December and it was released early March along side with the new iPad. Now let us use common sense. The iPad launch was moved from the spring to the fall, so holding 6.1 until the spring is not a feasible option. By the end of December, the 4th beta of iOS 6.1 was released. iOS 6.1 offers much less content than iOS 5.1 did. Apple stated (you can google it, I don't have a source off the back of my head) that they wanted to release more updates to iOS 6 compared to what they did with iOS 5. Expect iOS 6.1 to be released sometime by the end of January to early February.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next generation iPad was released in the spring

I would consider the 4th generation a minor upgrade,

They could release an iPad 4 that's thinner and lighter or maybe even an iPad mini retina who knows.

I do know that apple does not want to be #2 in the tablet market so I wouldn't count on the fall being the next iPad release

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
It wouldn't surprise me if the next generation iPad was released in the spring

I would consider the 4th generation a minor upgrade,

They could release an iPad 4 that's thinner and lighter or maybe even an iPad mini retina who knows.

I do know that apple does not want to be #2 in the tablet market so I wouldn't count on the fall being the next iPad release

minor, the ipad 4 had a huge spec bump...there just isn't anything that utilizes all that power yet...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

The iPad 4 was a spec bump, I'm still expecting an iPad 5 in the spring. I don't think they'll hold 6.1 for it this year though.

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
(offtopic)
how are you liking the s3?

It's really nice. Funny, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the customizations that can be done. Everything is easier to install, and more tweaks on top of it!

HOWEVER, I really miss iMessage. The clean look/smoothness/animations in iOS are still amazing. The SG3 is buttery-smooth with the right ROM, but iOS no matter how you set it up is always smooth with no lag.

Overall I think I'm more scared to fully jump ship (get rid of iPad and phone and go full android) so I'll keep my iPad. Don't get me wrong the SG3 is an amazing device, and the openness of Android makes the community a lot bigger then the iPhone jailbreak dev community....so there are many more tweaks for android.

Overall #2 (lol) I'm happy with it. I'll probably keep my iPhone 5 for another month or two and actually see if a jailbreak comes out and if not I won't hesitate to sell it :D

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I hope Ipad Mini Retina will come out before the Ios7 because i will love
to have on it the 6-xx Jailbreak :D

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
By releasing this information won't it cause Apple to really go through everything one more time and try to find and patch any potential holes before releasing 6.1?

Wouldn't it have been better if planetbeing kept this info to himself and the dev team and let apple think they had covered any exploits?

Or does Apple not care that much and it really doesn't make a difference?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Apple stopped siging 6.01 for IP5, 6.02 only for now.

If you follow the beta schedule 6.1 might be around the corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.