Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JB007TLD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I just bought the red Smart Cover from the apple store and I'm a bit disappointed. If you look at the picture I attached you will see that when folded the cover doesn't fold back evenly across the back and it hangs off the edge. Might be a little anal, but its very annoying to me. I think it's the little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover. It's too wide and creates to much of a gap. My dad has a leather Smart Cover for his ipad2 and does not have this problem. Is this how everyone else's is? This along with the fact that it was dirty when I got it home - must have been returned, makes me want to bring it back. Anyone else have similar issues? Or is this just how they are designed? If that's the case, any suggestions for a similar non apple cover, that won't have the issues I described? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 338

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I just bought the red Smart Cover from the apple store and I'm a bit disappointed. If you look at the picture I attached you will see that when folded the cover doesn't fold back evenly across the back and it hangs off the edge. Might be a little anal, but its very annoying to me. I think it's the little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover. It's too wide and creates to much of a gap. My dad has a leather Smart Cover for his ipad2 and does not have this problem. Is this how everyone else's is? This along with the fact that it was dirty when I got it home - must have been returned, makes me want to bring it back. Anyone else have similar issues? Or is this just how they are designed? If that's the case, any suggestions for a similar non apple cover, that won't have the issues I described? Thanks.

Don't have this problem at all with mine (also the Red one on a black mini).

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012

Can you adjust it at all? Mine seems to do that naturally as well, but I can shift it a bit into place.

JB007TLD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I can wiggle it around a bit, but it naturally wants to go how it is in the picture...

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Mine did that at first too. Anytime I'm not using the iPad, I'll put it behind and let it rest there. Over time it seems to have gotten better.

Namtaro

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
Mine can bend into that position, but it's like that naturally. I'm sure after using it for a while it'll soften up and line up with the iPad Mini. If you're really @nal about it, you can try exchanging it at the Apple Store.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
My smart cover lines up perfectly naturally. You can exchange it. Also, there is not "little piece of plastic that connects the magnet to the cover". It's all cloth/microfiber minus the magnet inside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.