Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d.rehman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Denmark
Hi!

I am from Pakistan, but live in Denmark, and some times I miss some channels from Pakistan and India. Is it possible to watch these channels on Apple Tv?

If yes, how?

Rehman

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Hi!

I am from Pakistan, but live in Denmark, and some times I miss some channels from Pakistan and India. Is it possible to watch these channels on Apple Tv?

If yes, how?

Rehman

No. The Apple TV is not a cable-style set top box. I don't know what the iTunes Store is like in Denmark but you can look on iTunes and see if the TV shows you are looking for are on the iTunes Store. If not, the Apple TV is not what you are looking for.

Your only other options are Hulu-style apps which can be found on the ATV, but can also just be watched on your computer or phone.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hi!

If yes, how?

Rehman

Don't use ATV for that but,say, an older iPad with HDMI. iPads are, generally, much better at playing back streams. I've even published several articles on this issue (e.g., my Asf streaming playback bible).

lv99

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
Hi!

If yes, how?

Rehman

You can AirPlay TV programs from "Pakistani TV" apps (check it out in iTunes store). I have "Viet TV" apps on my iPad and iPhone. I can watch ton of TV channels streaming from VN without need of cable/satellite TV in USA :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.