Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
nice_suit.jpg

The lad's a decent larker, but it seems like his mum still dresses him. :eek:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
seems like they get along somehow

Attachments

• tumblr_mg9k90pP6V1qh44nuo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mg9k90pP6V1qh44nuo2_1280.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 75

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Just noticed that the entire (!) 'Squad of the Year' was made up by players of the Primera División. :rolleyes:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, Messi won it. It is his 4th consecutive. Gotta love Cristiano's face, priceless.

Lol, Cristiano's face was priceless

As this (Cristiano's facial expression) was mentioned a few times in this thread, I felt it was worth googling. It is worth googling. Actually, it is priceless, and also rather tellingly indicative of the bottomless sense of entitlement that some of these people have developed over the course of their careers.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm sure Thornton Heath - CR7 - thinks his face remains priceless.

twietee - is there anyone not playing in Spain who can defend or keep goal? :)

No, but wasn't even RVP better than Cristiano (whom I actually quite like - most probably because everybody seems to make fun out of his looks :eek:)....:D

Oh, and yes, Cech was beyond brilliant, wasn't he? >looks at fellow Munich citizens< hehe..

Last edited:

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
As this (Cristiano's facial expression) was mentioned a few times in this thread, I felt it was worth googling. It is worth googling. Actually, it is priceless, and also rather tellingly indicative of the bottomless sense of entitlement that some of these people have developed over the course of their careers.

What did you 'google' ? I cant find much apart from pics of Messi's jacket lol. I LOVE seeing Ronaldos (and Mourinhos) reactions when Barça win out. Hehe. If they were both more humble they would get more admirers. Simple as that.

EDIT: I think I found the pic you are referring too. To be honest that was a split second when it was announced so it looks worse than it was. But still funny. hehe. Visca Barça!

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
What did you 'google' ? I cant find much apart from pics of Messi's jacket lol.

Me too. Besides that I was shocked (again) to see the facial expressions of the true Ronaldo. Hope he finds back on track and doesn't expand any more.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Me too. Besides that I was shocked (again) to see the facial expressions of the true Ronaldo. Hope he finds back on track and doesn't expand any more.

He has a medical issue but he has recently lost a ton of weight and continues to do so. The true Ronaldo :p is a freaking legend, even if he did end up at Madrid. :mad: He's the reason why I'm a Culé. When he scored this goal against Compostela in '96 I was hooked.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Told you....

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
What did you 'google' ? I cant find much apart from pics of Messi's jacket lol. I LOVE seeing Ronaldos (and Mourinhos) reactions when Barça win out. Hehe. If they were both more humble they would get more admirers. Simple as that.

EDIT: I think I found the pic you are referring too. To be honest that was a split second when it was announced so it looks worse than it was. But still funny. hehe. Visca Barça!

Having googled it, I found a still shot of the expression on his face, - rather than a clip of a minute or so - which, nevertheless, was still absolutely hilarious. (A separate picture showed the aforementioned jacket which Messi wore). Had it not been mentioned, I would not have felt the need, or curiosity, to check it out for myself.

Again, it simply shows the incredible arrogance such a lifestyle tends to breed; such people - as people, not players - tend to lack grace, courtesy, and any values of mutual respect. Instead, this lifestyle seems to promote a well-fuelled sense of bottomless entitlement and utter stupefaction when this is not fed perpetually.

Told you....

Yes, and I thank you for it; wonderful.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Having googled it, I found a still shot of the expression on his face, - rather than a clip of a minute or so - which, nevertheless, was still absolutely hilarious. (A separate picture showed the aforementioned jacket which Messi wore). Had it not been mentioned, I would not have felt the need, or curiosity, to check it out for myself.

Again, it simply shows the incredible arrogance such a lifestyle tends to breed; such people - as people, not players - tend to lack grace, courtesy, and any values of mutual respect. Instead, this lifestyle seems to promote a well-fuelled sense of bottomless entitlement and utter stupefaction when this is not fed perpetually.

I hope you find the clip where he is told by a boy (in the same ceremony mind you) that we wants to be like him, to which he replies (paraphrasing here) "You need to learn to be humble as I am"

I lost it there... i cracked up such a laughter at that comment :D

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Didn't know there were so many Madrid "haterz" on MR :p

La pulga deserved the award this year, there was no doubt.
BUT HALA MADRID:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Always loved Barca, heck Guardiola was chief on the field when I started watching them, but when I lived in BCN it was just too much fun playing all white (mind no Real stuff) within all the Argentinian Messi-lads...:p Vamos!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I hope you find the clip where he is told by a boy (in the same ceremony mind you) that we wants to be like him, to which he replies (paraphrasing here) "You need to learn to be humble as I am"

I lost it there... i cracked up such a laughter at that comment :D

No, I have not seen that clip, but it doesn't surprise me. Yes. 'Humble' from a man who is anything but.

Didn't know there were so many Madrid "haterz" on MR :p

La pulga deserved the award this year, there was no doubt.
BUT HALA MADRID:
YouTube: video

I love how you took it to the next level, Some barca fans always feel the need to over-exaggerate for not winning La Liga :p

We don't, we just like to remind Mandrils that they are not the center of the football world; nor that they are the best.

Always loved Barca, heck Guardiola was chief on the field when I started watching them, but when I lived in BCN it was just too much fun playing all white (mind no Real stuff) within all the Argentinian Messi-lads...:p Vamos!

It is a mixture of football (excellent) and the memory cast by the long shadow of politics and history. Some of my left wing friends saw support for Barca (wonderful football notwithstanding) also as some sort of a political statement - where fashion, style, football and inferred political preferences all commingled as an expression of ineffable cool.

Despite their own brilliant past, Real Madrid's history as Franco's favourite casts a bit of a shadow, as does Barca's (partly self-appointed) role as the voice of the (brilliant if formerly oppressed) regions. So, to some extent, it is more than football, with football the mode of expression by which other perspectives and conflicts were, and are, expressed.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
No, I have not seen that clip, but it doesn't surprise me. Yes. 'Humble' from a man who is anything but.

It is a mixture of football (excellent) and the memory cast by the long shadow of politics and history. Some of my left wing friends saw support for Barca (wonderful football notwithstanding) also as some sort of a political statement - where fashion, style, football and inferred political preferences all commingled as an expression of ineffable cool.

Despite their own brilliant past, Real Madrid's history as Franco's favourite casts a bit of a shadow, as does Barca's (partly self-appointed) role as the voice of the (brilliant if formerly oppressed) regions. So, to some extent, it is more than football, with football the mode of expression by which other perspectives and conflicts were, and are, expressed.

Which explains Barças 'More than a club' motto. Many foreigners don't understand the underlying politics behind Barça y Madrid. Even if they were in the lower leagues the rivalry would be the same. As a Barça fan a win over Madrid is not just 3 points.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.