Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
The Lenovo would be good if you had a custom built coffee table with the top covering it. Then you could swivel it up to an angle that is comfy and viewable.

It is a niche product but one that is affordable. Unlike the original Surface that was what. $25,000 ?

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
This is what happens when your fav company goes too coporate. Mr.Cook is too busy playing politic game + money grabber that this company stop innovating and stop caring for it's own passion(which btw is gone w/ Steve gone) and follow the money..

Again, I look for other company when trying out fantastic ideas..

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Board games would be pretty cool with this, though obviously not at that price. I remember reading about Catan for the (original) Surface and wanting it immediately.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Whilst it would be very niche, its great to see companies like Lenovo coming up with some unique products. Obviously it takes cues from the Windows Table demos years ago, but its certainly got a nice UI on top of Win 8.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
This is what happens when your fav company goes too coporate. Mr.Cook is too busy playing politic game + money grabber that this company stop innovating and stop caring for it's own passion(which btw is gone w/ Steve gone) and follow the money..

Again, I look for other company when trying out fantastic ideas..

Right, because Lenovo, a Chinese company is devoid of politics. :rolleyes:

Also, is it innovation if your products are just goofy or merely "interesting," but no one really clamors for them? Design aside, Lenovo is your basic boring business person's PC. Where is the innovation? Innovation is something other companies try to copy b/c it's a good idea.

JRomero

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
An iPhone charger that runs on butane...does that seem like taking a step backwards to anyone else?

SmokyD

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2007
If a tablet like that had a 4k IGZO or good IPS screen and a good battery, I could see it being of interest to artists or even schools. The screen would have to be amazing to make this worth the trouble.

With a 3840x2160 screen, good battery, and desktop PC power, this would be an interesting AIO.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
The 27 inch tablet would be fun as group gaming device. Playing "air" hockey or monopoly would be awesome on it -- but I can't see much beyond that.

I don't think the concept is something for the average consumer. Lenovo has finally made the original MS Surface practical and affordable. It would be the only collaborative computing device on the market, and this could be huge in certain businesses where collaboration is important (i.e.: marketing, R&D, etc.) -- especially at such a reasonable price point. It allows many people to work together simultaneously on a single project.

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
everything old is new again.

51SgndOqb-L._SS400_.jpg

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012
Table top PC

If Lenovo table top PC supports Wacom pen input with gesture off, I think it is very practical for art applications, e.g. drawing, painting ... I don't think table top PC is absurd.

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
If Lenovo table top PC supports Wacom pen input with gesture off, I think it is very practical for art applications, e.g. drawing, painting ... I don't think table top PC is absurd.

It's def not. I see many more of these coming out soon.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Each pod provides your iPhone with 10 full recharges (55,000mW), which the company estimates could last you two weeks.
55 thousand milli-Watts? So, 55 watts, then?

Of course, the company's website gives the amount of energy in one pod as 55,000mW-hours, which is a value of energy, not a power rating.

OK, I'm a unit nerd. :D

Wozza2010

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2010
Jeez why the hell would you want to be bending over that thing for hours.

Have these people not heard of back ache??

FAIL.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Fuel Cells also produce HEAT and WATER.

Sounds perfect for emergency and serious outdoors trips.
...but does not look like it is designed to collect water and be hand warmer.

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Two responses:

A) For these "tabletop" computers, I'd love to be there to spill a beer on one.

B) Butane fuel cell - the TSA is just gonna LOVE that!

NOV

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2004
The Netherlands
I really would like something like this to use with Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro.

But as mentioned before I don't think Apple with ever release something like this. Too much of a niche product.

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
The Lenovo 27" tablet would be fantastic for sheet music. I want one, but not for $1700. Give me a 25" iPad for $800 and I'll go for that. It doesn't need to be a computational workhorse, the appeal is the display and battery life. And what's with scattering stuff around at random angles? If I want to make a mess on my desk, I can do that in real life. No need to have my computer be an enabler.

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012
Easel PC for Artists

Maybe Lenovo should make an Easel PC for artists and kids. Giant high resolution screen with Wacom pen input.:)

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Classic - present at CES 2013, state of the art charger, $100M in investments, using last year's iPhone.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Shame you have to buy the cartridges from them and you just cant fill them up like a lighter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.