Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Do anyone know if it is possible to Airplay from Mountain Lion to multiple AppleTV devices? I have an AppleTV in the bedroom which I airplay to from my mini, I would like to add another one downstairs, is that possible?

Thanks.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Do anyone know if it is possible to Airplay from Mountain Lion to multiple AppleTV devices? I have an AppleTV in the bedroom which I airplay to from my mini, I would like to add another one downstairs, is that possible?

Thanks.

First of all, do you mean AirPlay as in mirroring or AirPlaying files (music/video)? Also, do you mean streaming them from the Apple TV or using the Mini to AirPlay to the Apple TVs?

If you could be a little more specific I'd be happy to answer your question.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
First of all, do you mean AirPlay as in mirroring or AirPlaying files (music/video)? Also, do you mean streaming them from the Apple TV or using the Mini to AirPlay to the Apple TVs?

If you could be a little more specific I'd be happy to answer your question.

Yeah, I was a bit vague. I want to use the Airplay mirroring (full screen mirroring) to show Plex on my AppleTV, which works great (I don't like the hacked AppleTV client). Now I want to add a second AppleTV to the house so I can watch Plex on another TV.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Don't think you can mirror to two separate Apple TV's at the same time.

Bummer :(

I am using Rowmote pro and I guess I could create an Automator script which changed the AppleTV I was streaming too...

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
or look into Roku, it's got a native plex client. use it in my bedroom.

or with plex you can airplay from an iOS device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.