Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfenoglio

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
yes, you are one among many that are seemingly way out of order in the schedule.

Dec. 8th, i7, 3tb fusion, 680, & 32g-ram

Still processing although a temporay hold for the amount has been on my CC since 1/5

stevenmags

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Ordered Dec 7. Finally shipped! Expected Jan 10.....now what to do with my time since I've been checking my order status like a mad man?? Hmm......check FedEx every hour!! YES!!!

Next challenge is getting barclay to honor the special financing, anyone have success? My charge posted past the 30 day mark...

Hopefully mine should change soon. Ordered Dec 7th also. Same deal with Barclay I called and the extended the special financing till the 21st for me give them a call

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA
Ordered on Dec 13th

Today, Jan 8th Preparing for shipment, and funds taken from bank account

What might I expect from here? another week? few days?

Mine prepared for shipment yesterday afternoon and shipped out early this morning. Apple's estimated delivery is on Friday the 11th, but FedEX is showing delivery by Thursday morning. Apple did however upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping free of charge and without me even asking.

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Is anyone else's imac seemingly hung up in shanghai? I went to preparing to ship on the fourth, shipped on the sixth with a tracking number, as of right now on the ninth it is still at a FedEx location in shanghai.

I'm never getting this ********** machine. I'm going to divorce my wife the next time she asks me where this thing is.

alecmcmahon

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
Mine prepared for shipment yesterday afternoon and shipped out early this morning. Apple's estimated delivery is on Friday the 11th, but FedEX is showing delivery by Thursday morning. Apple did however upgrade my order to 2-3 day shipping free of charge and without me even asking.

Thanks for the insight, mine is @ 2-3 day shipping as well, guess it was an automatic upgrade.

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Is anyone else's imac seemingly hung up in shanghai? I went to preparing to ship on the fourth, shipped on the sixth with a tracking number, as of right now on the ninth it is still at a FedEx location in shanghai.

I'm never getting this ********** machine. I'm going to divorce my wife the next time she asks me where this thing is.

Think yourself lucky... at least you've got a wife to divorce...

jablko

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
Lincoln, Nebraska
Ordered Dec. 11, just arrived today (Jan. 8). I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but I ordered through the education store. Without further ado, I shall go play with it now.

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Huzzah! Finally arrived.

Ordered December 8 through the EDU store.

Haven't even unboxed yet - I had FedEx leave it in the garage, so I'm giving it a bit of time to come to room temperature before unboxing and plugging in.

Thanks for all the info in this thread, which made the month wait more bearable. Misery loves company, right?

Hope you all see yours soon. (I've updated the spreadsheet.)

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Ordered December 9th

Prepared for shipping January 4

Shipped January 8th

Estimated delivery
Apple: January 11
FedEX: January 10

See profile for build. For some reason my sig isn't showing up. I hope I mine is "flawless"!

Last edited:

Matthewliszt

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
I'm new to this but I ordered mac on the 22/12/12. 16GB RAM 1TB Fusion drive it's also got a printer and disc drive comming with apple care. Just wandering should It go from processing to preparing for shipment in about 5 days or so? The wait is killing me:(

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I'm new to this but I ordered mac on the 22/12/12. 16GB RAM 1TB Fusion drive it's also got a printer and disc drive comming with apple care. Just wandering should It go from processing to preparing for shipment in about 5 days or so? The wait is killing me:(

It's going to take like thirty days from when u ordered your machine for it to go to preparing for shipment. U r now in the same boat as the rest of us

bonedaddio

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2009
PA, USA
Order Received Update:

Hi all, I know that when we get our iMacs, we tend to disappear; that's more or less what I'm doing too! Got to play with it, set it up, boot camp, move applications and files from existing MacPro Quad; set up external TB boot drive, and on and on.
Couple of things:
1. Once it gets moving, you get it pretty quick!
Ordered: Dec. 8th. i7 3.4, 1TB HDD, GTX680 MX 2Gb, 8 Gbs of Ram.
Prepped/shipped in a matter of hours Jan. 4 (Friday)
Delivered Jan. 7, 9AM. (Monday)
2. iMac is as near as I can tell, pretty much FLAWLESS! 32Gb of Ram now. Easy as pie to install, lay it on it's face on something soft.
Boots kind of oddly (fools around for a while, then goes like lightning) booting to Pegasus J4 TB enclosure. Internal HDD boot is pretty quick, but doesn't load apps like the SSD (Samsung 840)... crazy fast! Haven't set up the SSD Boot Camp TB drive yet, but I will soon.
3. Boot Camp Windows 7 Professional 64 bit looks AMAAAAAZING on that 27" screen...
4. Thanks to Micro$oft Windoze 8; I'm moving everything over to Mac. As a developer, I'll have to make a partition for it and install it... but I'll never use it.:p:D

Good luck to all, hope this works out for you all as it did for me!
Les

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
They have them in stock at Best Buy.com. Kinda messed up for those who pre-ordered and waiting.

Just for the sheer mad enjoyment the experience was likely to bring I checked into Best Buy, said I was from New York and got it to do a search of their stores where the iMac could be purchased and guess what... yep, unobtainable in ALL their NY stores! I rather suspect they don't have one of these anywhere... why is no-one surprised! :rolleyes:

MO,USA

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Possibly Stuck in Customs

Good news Imac BTO ordered on Dec 8 has arrived in Memphis TN, USA. Bad news so so far it has been stuck for 14 hours in Memphis. Curious it says both "in transit" and "available for clearance" at the same time. Clearance means "Customs" If it really is in transit it should have only been 6 to 8 hours to any of the likely next distribution centers. I have read this forum where for some people it sat in clearance for several days and for others say it is just a paper work thing and it caused no delay at all. Has this happened or is it happening to any one else currently waiting?

By the way the China to Memphis TN, USA flight was about 13 hours. All times showing are based on Tennessee, USA time.

Jan 8, 2013 4:24 AM
MEMPHIS, TN
In transit
Package available for clearance

Jan 7, 2013 10:05 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

Jan 7, 2013 8:46 AM
In transit
SHANGHAI CN

International shipment release - Import
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 7, 2013 1:28 AM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 6, 2013 10:34 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Jan 6, 2013 9:53 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

Alex Hobbs

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
Oh my god.

Did not actually expect this lol.

40 days since my initial order on 01st December. It has FINALLY moved to preparing for shipment.

196832_302855949834399_1844232008_n.jpg

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Good news Imac BTO ordered on Dec 8 has arrived in Memphis TN, USA. Bad news so so far it has been stuck for 14 hours in Memphis. Curious it says both "in transit" and "available for clearance" at the same time. Clearance means "Customs" If it really is in transit it should have only been 6 to 8 hours to any of the likely next distribution centers. I have read this forum where for some people it sat in clearance for several days and for others say it is just a paper work thing and it caused no delay at all. Has this happened or is it happening to any one else currently waiting?

By the way the China to Memphis TN, USA flight was about 13 hours. All times showing are based on Tennessee, USA time.

MEMPHIS, TN
In transit

MEMPHIS, TN

In transit
SHANGHAI CN

SHANGHAI CN

Jan 7, 2013 1:28 AM
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 6, 2013 9:53 PM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

LOL, heard of the date line? The flight lands before it leaves.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Here's a view showing a nice increase in units shipped per week (per the spreadsheet). Today was relatively slow with only 5 shipped, but it's only Tuesday and this week (26 so far) should see as many shipped as last week unless they crawl the rest of the week.

imac2012w.png

MO,USA

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
LOL, heard of the date line? The flight lands before it leaves.

This is equally weird but this is how the time line looks based on Local time for each location in which it was scanned:

In transit
MEMPHIS, TN

MEMPHIS, TN

Jan 7, 2013 10:46 PM
In transit
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 7, 2013 10:46 PM
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 7, 2013 3:28 PM
SHANGHAI CN

Jan 7, 2013 11:53 AM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

----------

Here's a view showing a nice increase in units shipped per week (per the spreadsheet). Today was relatively slow with only 5 shipped, but it's only Tuesday and this week (26 so far) should see as many shipped as last week unless they crawl the rest of the week.

Thank YOU!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.