Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
This thing is really amazing. It's just not my style though.

Probably better suited for this guy:

0917p5-The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have to admit, out of all the high-buck cases, this is the one I might order. Expecially if I get a 20% coupon or something. Of course, I like wood working. Also like the lines.

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
Does anyone have pictures of this case with a white phone? I got the Sector 5 and I'm not a fan of how it looks. So I'm going to sell the S5 and try this one out. But I don't want to spend 200 more on this one without having a better idea of what it will look like.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Does anyone have pictures of this case with a white phone? I got the Sector 5 and I'm not a fan of how it looks. So I'm going to sell the S5 and try this one out. But I don't want to spend 200 more on this one without having a better idea of what it will look like.

Everything looks good with a black iPhone.

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I emailed the company requesting photos of it w/ a white iphone5. A rep responded to me saying they'd pass a request to their web team. So far, haven't seen anything.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I emailed the company requesting photos of it w/ a white iphone5. A rep responded to me saying they'd pass a request to their web team. So far, haven't seen anything.

Check their Facebook page. Someone posted with a white ip5.

oTypically

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2012
If I had the i5, I'd buy it. However, I ordered the vapor pro white edition two days ago and the order hasn't been shipped. Any possible reasons? I'd call but they aren't open.

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
I really like the design. I've got a Sector 5 now though, maybe in a few months when I'm bored I'll grab the Ronin. I really like how it has built in buttons and a more solid design. I kind of hate all the holes in the Sector 5.

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I can't seem to find the user posted pics on their facebook page. Anyone see it? Can you give me a username to search for? I expanded all their latest comments.

Thanks for the blog link. The colors look much darker here vs. the official site.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Here is a copy of the picture I saw on there FB page.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 392

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Mine shipped on the 20th as promised. With the Holiday and stuff it didn't arrive until today. Haven't been able to take any photos yet though.

All I can say is it's not like any other case out there and the craftsmanship is top notch. Haven't decided if it's for me or not but that isn't because it's not a nice case. Will try to post some shots on my white iPhone when I get a chance.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Mine shipped on the 20th as promised. With the Holiday and stuff it didn't arrive until today. Haven't been able to take any photos yet though.

All I can say is it's not like any other case out there and the craftsmanship is top notch. Haven't decided if it's for me or not but that isn't because it's not a nice case. Will try to post some shots on my white iPhone when I get a chance.

My Silver Sector 5 shipped yesterday and it is not due to arrive until next Thursday, so about a week total shipping time for me as well. Considering the large demand of iPhone 5 Element cases, I pretty much expected a long wait. I can't wait to try it out on my white iPhone 5 though. I would love to see more pictures of the Ronin on the white iPhone 5 so if you have a chance, it would be greatly appreciated.

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Here is a copy of the picture I saw on there FB page.

it's nice to see that case on a white ip5. i think the case looks better on a black phone....since i have a white one myself, i got the matt wrap in black from sticker boy just so i could use it with this case.

when i get mine, i'll upload pics.

i wish the element site had more examples of their ip5 cases with white iPhones.

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Awesome.. seems like the Ronin case isnt as popular as the Sector 5.

the Sector 5 is sweet looking case....and cheaper to boot!

i would've picked it up, if the Sector had a wallet like the Ronin has. that zipper case is just not practical in daily use, IMO.

the way the Ronin's wallet is designed, where i could slip the phone in and out of it, is really appealing. i can see myself doing that as well as being able to lay the phone on top of it, protecting the case from further scratches and being able to slip the wallet with the phone in it , in my pocket.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I personally like the fact that it's wood. In the age of steel and silicon, it's kind of resfeshing.

$200 puts it out of my range though

bimmerboii

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
the way the Ronin's wallet is designed, where i could slip the phone in and out of it, is really appealing. i can see myself doing that as well as being able to lay the phone on top of it, protecting the case from further scratches and being able to slip the wallet with the phone in it , in my pocket.

Lol I know.. it sounds weird, didnt we buy a case so it takes the damage instead of the phone? Im insterested to see how this case would fare from day to day use. Torn between the Ronin and the Black Ops case as black ops has type 3 hard anodized finish which can withstand more abuse than the regular Sector 5 case. I do plan to keep this case for at least 2 years, without using any case to protect the case lol

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Lol I know.. it sounds weird, didnt we buy a case so it takes the damage instead of the phone? Im insterested to see how this case would fare from day to day use. Torn between the Ronin and the Black Ops case as black ops has type 3 hard anodized finish which can withstand more abuse than the regular Sector 5 case. I do plan to keep this case for at least 2 years, without using any case to protect the case lol

it is funny....but even though these case offer a base amount of protection for the device...i never looked at these cases for pure protection. if i wanted just that i'd have stuck with otter box.

matter of fact, it was holding my iphone with the otter box commuter case that made me pull the trigger on the Ronin. i was sick of that cheap plastic feel in my had ,as well as the bulkiness. i was tired of a look that , IMO, didn't compliment the look of the iPhone.

while these cases aren't apple like in design...they are definitely cool. incredible to look at and hold. and stand apart from a sea of iphone cases that look all too similar to me.

200$ is steep. but what Element does is adds something to the iphone that takes it's look to another level. i can appreciate that...i can value that for something that's no more that a foot away from me 24 hours a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.