Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke.haoyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Hi everyone~

I'm new here, and this video is my idea about improvement of iPhone(iOS).
Please have patience to watch the video below.(2 Mins)

Welcome for watching and sharing my ideas.
Thank you~

Last edited:

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Nice video (well made). I like some of those ideas a lot!

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I think maybe you should send the link of this video to apple via apple feedback. Also copyright your ideas so incase apple do decide to use it then you will get your share of the $$.

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Great work! Would love to see some of these on the newest firmware update, especially the Quick Reply!

ihav0frnds

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2010
man that video was too good i had to stop watching it. all the ideas were fantastic, and i couldn't bear watching more. so many simple and great ideas -- why have we been stuck on basically the same form for 3 years??

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
It's nice, but a lot of those can be done with just jailbreaking your iDevice. I know the one with text notifications; there's an app for the somewhere in the jailbreak community. It's not entirely the same but very similar. Can't remember what it's called though so ill have to look it up. Want to say either BiteSMS or the other SMS jailbreak tweak.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
"Tap on the bottom of the icon to see (...)" - Don't you think that is kinda hard ? I mean the icons are really small and close to each other... :confused:

powerwagon

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
It's nice, but a lot of those can be done with just jailbreaking your iDevice. I know the one with text notifications; there's an app for the somewhere in the jailbreak community. It's not entirely the same but very similar. Can't remember what it's called though so ill have to look it up. Want to say either BiteSMS or the other SMS jailbreak tweak.

For one, there is no jailbreak for iPhone 5...and two, why should you have to jailbreak to have basic features on a $700 phone?

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Kudos to you for having actually useful ideas. Even if they exist in the JB community, some of these ought to exist in iOS now. I buy Apple so I dont have to tweak, if I planned on JB'ing, I'd just go buy something running android.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Makes you wonder why the OP can come up with these ideas, but release after release of iOS remains stagnant...

Kudos to you for having actually useful ideas. Even if they exist in the JB community, some of these ought to exist in iOS now. I buy Apple so I dont have to tweak, if I planned on JB'ing, I'd just go buy something running android.
Half the new items in the past several iOS releases were from the JB community.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Some ideas were good, some weren't. Obviously everything would need much better execution, but it's a decent start.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
For one, there is no jailbreak for iPhone 5...and two, why should you have to jailbreak to have basic features on a $700 phone?

You're right, the iPhone 5 w/ iOS 6 totally lacks basic features and is pretty much useless unless jailbroken. :rolleyes:

Some ideas were good, some weren't. Obviously everything would need much better execution, but it's a decent start.

After finally watching the video, this from zbarvian is pretty much exactly how I feel. I'll also throw in that the video itself would also benefit from better execution. But a decent start indeed.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
"Tap on the bottom of the icon to see (...)" - Don't you think that is kinda hard ? I mean the icons are really small and close to each other... :confused:

I agree, they're too small to just click the bottom. Also, that feature would defeat the purpose of the Notification Center which is just "pull-down"

desi1

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
England
I really like the quick reply feature. Really hope that apple implements it! Will be awesome if it's also extended to working outside of the lockscreen so that you don't have to close the app you're in :)

Think that maybe touching the bottom of the app might be a bit fiddely for those with big clumsy fingers (like me :p)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.