Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
From reading this section am I right in thinking that PDF's cant be stored in iCloud?

Ive purchased an ebook that ive saved onto my MacBook. I'd like to be able to view this ebook on my iPhone5 as well as my MacBook.

Can it be stored on iCloud, or will I just have to email it to myself, and read the email on my iPhone?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
From reading this section am I right in thinking that PDF's cant be stored in iCloud?

Ive purchased an ebook that ive saved onto my MacBook. I'd like to be able to view this ebook on my iPhone5 as well as my MacBook.

Can it be stored on iCloud, or will I just have to email it to myself, and read the email on my iPhone?

I'm not too sure about the first part of your question, but emailing might be pain; as one of iOS' biggest flaw, you cannot save documents/music/video out-of-the-box. You can email yourself that document and view it. However, if you switch to do another task and your iPhone's RAM dumps the PDF, you're going to have to re-download it again and again.

I suggest getting a Dropbox account; it will sync files on your Mac and iPhone (PDFs, Music, Videos, Word files etc). You can save a PDF on your Mac to your Dropbox folder and it will appear on your iPhone (and you can save it to view later).

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
I'm not too sure about the first part of your question, but emailing might be pain; as one of iOS' biggest flaw, you cannot save documents/music/video out-of-the-box. You can email yourself that document and view it. However, if you switch to do another task and your iPhone's RAM dumps the PDF, you're going to have to re-download it again and again.

I suggest getting a Dropbox account; it will sync files on your Mac and iPhone (PDFs, Music, Videos, Word files etc). You can save a PDF on your Mac to your Dropbox folder and it will appear on your iPhone (and you can save it to view later).

Thanks, I keep meaning to take a look at Dropbox:)

iBooks can read PDFs so you could use iTunes to sync the PDFs in question to the iPhone.

Thanks, Ive just added the PDF to iTunes and downloaded iBooks onto my iPhone. Works perfectly. Many thanks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.