Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Yes. Me too. I am usually at work. I usually do most of these icons in my spare time before and after work. Or on my days off. I am a single father of 2, also... So my kids take a lot of my time. I am actually a produce guy for a local grocery company. So in addition to iOS carrier logos, I can give you advice on fruits and vegetables. ;-)

:D:apple::apple:

so I am only using the 'etched' image for both the top and bottom choices when making the file.

Do i want to use an un-etched and also etched one to make it look better? Which one goes where?

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
So much talent here!
Can someone please do these logos for me?
Here are 3 versions. don't know which will be best - would prefer ones with color
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• timthumb.php.png
    timthumb.php.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 979
  • logo_bottom.png
    logo_bottom.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 993
  • aclogo.jpg
    aclogo.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Can somebody please make two icons out of this? One etched and the other one. I would be VERY grateful! I can guarantee somebody else would benefit from this also since Vodafone is a pretty big network in the UK.

Attachments

• vodafone_telecommunications_company_logo_background_character_26201_1280x720.jpg
    vodafone_telecommunications_company_logo_background_character_26201_1280x720.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 70

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I made a blank/ transparent template size 52 x 40 (but you can make the width more) in photoshop and then used helvetica bold font size 28 and put my name in. Had to try a few times to get it centered but then I saved it and opened in GIMP as 1080 suggested to put the opacity/ shadows on there. save as a .png file and you're done.

I would make you one but I'm at work and my mac mini at home has photoshop and everything sorry!

Thanks for the response
I'm out of town for a few days so if possible can you do it?
No rush I'd just really appreciate it
Thanks regardless

Chris_c81

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011
Had to start over from scratch.

Thanks for those.

Had a dabble using your tutorial myself, thank you for posting that mini guide to drop shadows. No issues with yours, just a little too much shadow for me on the etched one :)

Knocked these up from Google image search source image if anyone else on Three is interested.

Attachments

• Three 32x40 Etched.png
    Three 32x40 Etched.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 942
  • Three 32x40.png
    Three 32x40.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 957

Chris_c81

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011
Can somebody please make two icons out of this? One etched and the other one. I would be VERY grateful! I can guarantee somebody else would benefit from this also since Vodafone is a pretty big network in the UK.

How do these look?

Attachments

• Vodafone 38x38.png
    Vodafone 38x38.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 939
  • Vodafone 38x38 Etched.png
    Vodafone 38x38 Etched.png
    3 KB · Views: 946

jsw80

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Can someone please do this one? Thanks in advance! This is really cool:apple:

Attachments

• OU Logo.jpg
    OU Logo.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 78

Chris_c81

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011

Had another go, think these look better. Two etched versions, couldn't decide how much shadow looked best. Try them out let me know!

Attachments

• Vodafone 30x40 Etched 2.png
    Vodafone 30x40 Etched 2.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 930
  • Vodafone 30x40 Etched.png
    Vodafone 30x40 Etched.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 928
  • Vodafone 30x40.png
    Vodafone 30x40.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 930

Chris_c81

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone have a go at MacRumors logo?

Attachments

• MacRumours 40x36.png
    MacRumours 40x36.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 921
  • MacRumours 40x36 Etched.png
    MacRumours 40x36 Etched.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 920

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Thanks for those.

Had a dabble using your tutorial myself, thank you for posting that mini guide to drop shadows. No issues with yours, just a little too much shadow for me on the etched one :)

Knocked these up from Google image search source image if anyone else on Three is interested.

I've made a new IPCC file but it's not changing.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
So does this not work on the 4S? Everything I've read elsewhere says it works on the 4S even for Verizon, yet all I see is an option for Verizon LTE, which the 4S is not.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
How do these look?

Those look great! I have a problem though.. I kept my original .ipcc file but when I load it in, it's not reverting to the original logo. It is stuck with the Apple logo.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried going straight from the Apple logo to those vodafone ones and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT 2: Okay.. it's acting freaky now. It displays the vodafone one on the home screen but when I click settings it changes back to the apple one. Very strange..

EDIT 3: Haha.. okay now it has stuck in place. It seems very random to be honest.

Last edited:

evilpaddy

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
I cant get it to work on my 5. I create the file and itunes updates the carrier but the logo remains the same.... any thoughts???

HDman

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
VA
I cant get it to work on my 5. I create the file and itunes updates the carrier but the logo remains the same.... any thoughts???

Have you tried rebooting the phone (by pressing/holding both the home & stand-by button)?

evilpaddy

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Have you tried rebooting the phone (by pressing/holding both the home & stand-by button)?

yes, it just defaults to the original logo. When the phone reboots - itunes wants to update the carrier settings with the original one, so it must have updated.

Im using 13.1 Vodaphone in AU

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Request please, remove the "tm" if possible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 73

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006

Thank you so much for your help. I know it's not easy to take so much of your time out of the day helping all of us, while going to work and taking care of your children as well. I'm not going to speak for everyone else, but from me, thank you so much. It's absolutely perfect, the two Superman logos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.