Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
After about 2 weeks spent on this machine, i finally got an os on it. I use tiger webkit because I have had no problems with browsing whatsoever on this machine yet. So what now? Is there any fan speed control software? Halo for mac was burning my finger when I was playing it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
After about 2 weeks spent on this machine, i finally got an os on it. I use tiger webkit because I have had no problems with browsing whatsoever on this machine yet. So what now? Is there any fan speed control software? Halo for mac was burning my finger when I was playing it.
G4FanControl

I've NEVER had any luck with this app however. It either comes up blank, reverts changes or doesn't load. The app developer does not respond to questions on his page and overall it's just killed my performance. But quite a few people here use it and have no problems.

So, your mileage may vary.

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
G4FanControl

I've NEVER had any luck with this app however. It either comes up blank, reverts changes or doesn't load. The app developer does not respond to questions on his page and overall it's just killed my performance. But quite a few people here use it and have no problems.

So, your mileage may vary.

I've tried this but it turns out that It only changes at what temp. the fans turn on, I want an app where I can constantly have the fans on a certain speed.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I dont think it worked plus the temp sensor says N/A for every sensor. If put my hand on the part if the case.near the heat sink i get burned. All fans work though.

I don't know what Ti book you have but the last version had two fans, the 1 ghz.

Make sure your fan(s) are clean, btw, as dust is a heat collector.

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
I dont think it worked plus the temp sensor says N/A for every sensor. If put my hand on the part if the case.near the heat sink i get burned. All fans work though.

Might be that the Tibook has no software readable temperature sensors. Have never had a Tibook so can't say. Otoh, there are two sensing softwares, which have worked on PM's and Albooks, namely:
ThermographX and Temperature Monitor

I'd really try to get a reading on your temps, because either you are exaggerating (getting burned), or your Tibook runs too hot.

EDIT: just had it confirmed, the Tibook has no software readable sensors. If you were not exaggerating, I'd recommend cleaning the machine internally.

RGDS,

Last edited:

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
I don't know what Ti book you have but the last version had two fans, the 1 ghz.

Make sure your fan(s) are clean, btw, as dust is a heat collector.

Mine has 3 I believe one at back and one at each side. They are dustless.

----------

Might be that the Tibook has no software readable temperature sensors. Have never had a Tibook so can't say. Otoh, there are two sensing softwares, which have worked on PM's and Albooks, namely:
ThermographX and Temperature Monitor

I'd really try to get a reading on your temps, because either you are exaggerating (getting burned), or your Tibook runs too hot.

EDIT: just had it confirmed, the Tibook has no software readable sensors. If you were not exaggerating, I'd recommend cleaning the machine internally.

RGDS,

It was just hot enough that it hurt when I touched the metal for 3 seconds and the keys get pretty hot as well around the wasd keys and above them.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador

Congratulations!! :D

Halo for mac? Awesome! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.