Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanerss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I set a passcode on my iPhone 4S a few hours ago, and it was working and unlocking perfectly fine. Fast forward a few hours, and my phone keeps saying the pass. is incorrect. It got disabled for 15 minutes, and now it says "try again in 3 minutes". I tried connecting it to iTunes and the AutoPlay window pops up along with iTunes, and my phone shows up, but when I click Back Up Now, it says it cannot back up b/c "it is locked with a passcode". It shows all the apps and songs on it, but I can't unlock it! This is so frustrating. What can I do? Oh, and I promise you that this is my phone, I didn't steal it. Help :(

Reactions: One minute

lanerss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
What does DFU mode do? Does it clear everything? I've had the phone for a month and I have lots of pics and stuff on it. I think I can jump off a cliff now.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
DFU means Device Firmware Update and it basically wipes things off your iPhone so a new firmware can be installed on it. Restoring will erase the passcode data so you can enter the iPhone again.

Restoring your device is the only option. Fortunately, I think you can use something like CopyTrans or iFunbox to extract photos and other data. On Linux, you can just plug in your iPhone to the system and then extract the DCIM folder which has all the photos.

lanerss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
OH MY GOODNESS. My phone got disabled for 60 minutes, so I charged it during that time. I unplugged it from the charger and turned it off by holding down the home and top button (don't know what it's called) and waited a little. I turned it back on, entered the same password I've been entering the past gazillion times, and it worked! YAYY! Thank you all for your help. I don't know what was wrong with my phone.

Terrie Birston

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
My iphone wont let me share my photos or authorized items from otger sites ! It says wrong username or password, i use the sames ones on all.

iamnotsmartwithiphones

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2018
this is happening to my iPhone 4s as well, I just got it fixed and I decided im gonna put a password on it and when I go to type it in it says incorrect password.
I know for a fact that the password is right because I had just set it and I remember.

Pleassssseeeee HELP!!! I don't want to spend anymore money than I already have.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
this is happening to my iPhone 4s as well, I just got it fixed and I decided im gonna put a password on it and when I go to type it in it says incorrect password.
I know for a fact that the password is right because I had just set it and I remember.

Pleassssseeeee HELP!!! I don't want to spend anymore money than I already have.

Restore the device in DFU mode using iTunes.

You will lose everything on the device.

That is your option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.